Waiting for an invite.....

Rob Frain

3 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

We got the police checks done in February but left the medicals. We’ll just wait until we get the HAP numbers. I’ve been on a massive diet and been doing 5k a day since the invite! Anyone know exactly what they test for? I also have a 6 and a 2 year old so hopefully it’s not too bad for them? 

Yes it's a simple medical, it's more of a screening. To finish off the medical I had to go and see a doctor. I walked into my medical trying to hide a limp. My son and I were both wearing rugby tops and I needed an operation on my knee after playing rugby a few weeks before. The Doctor just so happened to be a big rugby fan and we spoke about the 2003 World Cup as he reminisced over his crazy 72 hours flying to Sydney, watching the game and being back in work on the Tuedsay! He then asked any other medical issues I should know about concerning you two and whether my 7 year old was playing yet?! 

4 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

We got the police checks done in February but left the medicals. We’ll just wait until we get the HAP numbers. I’ve been on a massive diet and been doing 5k a day since the invite! Anyone know exactly what they test for? I also have a 6 and a 2 year old so hopefully it’s not too bad for them? 

You're lucky you already got the police checks. I've just applied for mine straight away but it's going to take around 3 weeks instead of two since apparently their systems have been hacked. 

Did you get your documents certified or did you just upload scans of the originals? 

I'm a bit nervous about the medical since I have a history (a few years 13 years ago) of being on medications for depression so not sure how that effects it. I'd hate to pay for the visa and the medical only to then fail. I'll need the full wack of checks as well since I'm in healthcare. 

@Rob Frain

in regards to the photos. I also have a 4 and 2 year old. Immigration agent told me to get an app, which I did called ‘photo aid’ took a few attempts, screen shotted the result (didn’t pay) and cropped it.

sent it to my email and uploaded that way. When you use their software to reposition it, we had to zoom in quite a lot for our 2 year old, his head is practically the whole oval space.

it eventually worked!

good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZAtkin said:

@Rob Frain

in regards to the photos. I also have a 4 and 2 year old. Immigration agent told me to get an app, which I did called ‘photo aid’ took a few attempts, screen shotted the result (didn’t pay) and cropped it.

sent it to my email and uploaded that way. When you use their software to reposition it, we had to zoom in quite a lot for our 2 year old, his head is practically the whole oval space.

it eventually worked!

good luck.

We finally managed to do it this evening. This was the last document. We've just paid the £4500 for the 189 and instantly got back requests for medicals. This is the one im worried about due to my weight. I was 19st 9 at my largest, though I've got down to 17st 5 in the last few weeks. Should I book the medicals ASAP or leave it for a bit longer to lose a bit more weight? Im 5ft 11.... Though i consider myself to bit fit. I've been running 5k a day for the last few days! 

8 hours ago, RubyMonday said:

You're lucky you already got the police checks. I've just applied for mine straight away but it's going to take around 3 weeks instead of two since apparently their systems have been hacked. 

Did you get your documents certified or did you just upload scans of the originals? 

I'm a bit nervous about the medical since I have a history (a few years 13 years ago) of being on medications for depression so not sure how that effects it. I'd hate to pay for the visa and the medical only to then fail. I'll need the full wack of checks as well since I'm in healthcare. 

Ive just scanned the originals. Hopefully they'll be okay as they all have numbers on them so they can check surely? I hope so.

Im so nervous about my weight - that's my main concern. Well the other one is something that appears that i don't know about!

1 hour ago, Rob Frain said:

We finally managed to do it this evening. This was the last document. We've just paid the £4500 for the 189 and instantly got back requests for medicals. This is the one im worried about due to my weight. I was 19st 9 at my largest, though I've got down to 17st 5 in the last few weeks. Should I book the medicals ASAP or leave it for a bit longer to lose a bit more weight? Im 5ft 11.... Though i consider myself to bit fit. I've been running 5k a day for the last few days! 

Hi mate

Im no Dr but I’m sure that if your weight isn’t causing any issues at present then it shouldn’t be an issue.

If your worried and you think you could lose another 1/2 stone over the next few weeks then maybe that’s worth doing for peace of mind

6 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

You won't get a medical next week, it'll give yourself a few weeks to burn off a bit more (and an incentive!) As others have said it isn't a major concern unless there are related issues. If theyre suggesting get medicals done, maybe it'll be a quick process?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benj1980 said:

You won't get a medical next week, it'll give yourself a few weeks to burn off a bit more (and an incentive!) As others have said it isn't a major concern unless there are related issues. If theyre suggesting get medicals done, maybe it'll be a quick process?!

Historically the request for medicals (it not pre-supplied) seemed to be around 8 weeks before a grant came through.

That was pre-covid though and the world is different now so it might not mean anything at all

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Historically the request for medicals (it not pre-supplied) seemed to be around 8 weeks before a grant came through.

That was pre-covid though and the world is different now so it might not mean anything at all

The medical request came through 5 seconds after we paid. They gave us our HAP numbers. Oh well we’ll book in a bit. Off for a run now… again(!)

• Haha 2

Yes mine (309 visa so could be different) was instant and clearly automated.  I sat in it for a while as I wasn’t in a hurry.

24 days later they sent me a chaser message saying I had 28 days to provide the information requested. It stated that if I didn’t they could decide the application based on the info they had, so I cracked on with it. 

• Haha 1

Well, one stone lost in 8 days so the diet is going well. 

I want to at least book the medicals but as a teacher, I'm finding this a bit of a nightmare as they don't do weekends and I'm pretty much working from 8 am - 6 pm every day until the Summer holidays starting on 21st July.

Is there a deadline to provide medicals as I don't have a medical request letter - it's just a button on my immi account.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rob Frain said:

Is there a deadline to provide medicals as I don't have a medical request letter - it's just a button on my immi account.  

I would assume there is.  I've heard of several people have been caught out, like @FirstWorldProblems, thinking they had plenty of time -- and then getting a reminder letter saying their time had almost run out.  

After all that effort, you don't want to risk them putting your file aside because the medicals haven't been done.  Once it's put aside you can end up at the bottom of the pile again.  Or worse, they could reject you because you failed to provide the medicals, and then you've wasted all that money! 

I know you're a conscientious worker but in this case, I'd be taking a sick day to get the medicals done. There's far too much at stake.

Edited by Marisawright

Yes, back in February this year when I submitted by 309 application I received an automated and instant instruction to get my medical done.

Because there are so few accredited centres and being a tight-arse, I wanted to wait until I was in London for work to get it done so I didn't have to pay the train fare out of my own pocket 😀

24 days later they sent me a chaser message saying I had 28 days to provide the information requested. It stated that if I didn’t they could decide the application based on the info they had, so I cracked on with it bloody quickly. 

22 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

Yes, back in February this year when I submitted by 309 application I received an automated and instant instruction to get my medical done.

Because there are so few accredited centres and being a tight-arse, I wanted to wait until I was in London for work to get it done so I didn't have to pay the train fare out of my own pocket 😀

24 days later they sent me a chaser message saying I had 28 days to provide the information requested. It stated that if I didn’t they could decide the application based on the info they had, so I cracked on with it bloody quickly. 

Yikes - I haven't even got a letter saying to get one. I just spotted it on the uploads section. I've emailed all 6 centres in the UK and so far all only work weekdays and the earliest I can book  is the  21st June.

1 hour ago, Rob Frain said:

Will I be safe if I book 24th July? 

As far as I'm aware, from my experience last year, you have to have the medical booked in within the 28 days, not actually have the medical.

I don't think anyone on a forum (unless they're a migration agent of course who knows the timeline!) can factually tell you what date is safe and what isn't though, so possibly best to seek professional guidance.

• 4 weeks later...

Medicals were all done today in Manchester. Nice and easy - the Doctor was great with our two kids. In and out in about 2 hours. Everything seemed to be okay and he said there were no issues. The bloods apparently take 48 hours to check - I'm sure all they test for is HIV( can anyone confirm?) We then went for a celebratory Brewdog just down the road!! 🙂