Health Insurance

Roger Vanstone

Hope someone can give us some help. We are waiting for a 143 visa. We have been paying Alliance $380 per month Health insurance for myself and my wife for 7 years. I have today received an email saying the premium is going up to almost $1000 per month. This seems extraordinary. I have contacted them but they insist that this is what we will now have to pay. Does anyone know of another insurance company at a more reasonable price. Thank you.

On 07/02/2023 at 07:00, Roger Vanstone said:

Hope someone can give us some help. We are waiting for a 143 visa. We have been paying Alliance $380 per month Health insurance for myself and my wife for 7 years. I have today received an email saying the premium is going up to almost $1000 per month. This seems extraordinary. I have contacted them but they insist that this is what we will now have to pay. Does anyone know of another insurance company at a more reasonable price. Thank you.

Medical insurance for temporary visas will cost more for health insurance as you age and develop more problems. Medicare is struggling and lots of GPs are moving away from bill billing and charging for appointments. I doubt you will find cheaper. They know older people tend to develop more problems and need more medications etc 

I’ve  known  people on BUPA in UK whose premiums jumped from  £ 173 pm to £569 when they got to 65! 

• Like 1