Just received Citizenship what happens to my 190 now?

dwonderer

I All 

I have very happily just received my citizenship it’s been such a long journey over the past few years.

Before hand my last visa was a 190 I’m just wondering what happens to that now? (I can’t seem to find any information online)

And do I still have to complete the full two working years in my state NT (requirements for the visa) now that I am a citizen of Australia?

Australian citizens don’t need a visa so it’s cancelled. You should travel on an Aussie passport.

My Mrs recently had to do an emergency dash to the Uk and didn’t have an Aussie passport. She was pulled aside on her return as she didn’t have a visa but a few quick checks and she was on her way within 5 mins

6 hours ago, flatpack said:

Australian citizens don’t need a visa so it’s cancelled. You should travel on an Aussie passport.

My Mrs recently had to do an emergency dash to the Uk and didn’t have an Aussie passport. She was pulled aside on her return as she didn’t have a visa but a few quick checks and she was on her way within 5 mins

Technically she still has a visa in the system (or rather her foreign passport number shows her as eligible for entry into Australia) as otherwise she would have been denied boarding.

20 hours ago, Waz05 said:

Can I just ask, we are in middle of 491 visa application which gives us to the opportunity to apply for permeant residency after 3 years.  I want to get a clear idea of steps you need follow. 

Any one able to advise?

Many thanks

This is unrelated so I advise you open a new thread.