Linda Fletcher

On 18/01/2023 at 14:36, Linda Fletcher said:

Looking for advice on which pet transportation companies members have used recently to transport a dog & cat from the UK to the Sunshine Coast and whether the findings were as expected. Thanks in advance for any positive or negative comments.

Agree with VERYSTORMY, I'm not in a position to make the journey yet but PetAir have been super helpful with quotes, planning and running through the process with me. They're also the go-to for my vet for any international queries.

Thanks for the advice. I have already had a quote from PetAir and like others were impressed with their promptness to respond and their advice. The only draw back is that I was told they only fly into Brisbane, not Maroochydore. Wondering if anyone has any feedback about Pets Abroad UK as they do fly into Maroochydore.

I didn’t realise the quarantine rules will be changing and will definitely look into that.

rammygirl - thank you so much for making me aware of this. I have contacted PetAir today and they confirm the new ruling is already in place - 30 days in quarantine & import permit is now only valid for 12 months rather than 24 months. Our dog originates from Australia so we can make a case for him being in quarantine for 10 days rather than 30 - need to provide supporting documents etc but will do this when the time comes for our move.

8 hours ago, Linda Fletcher said:

Thanks for the advice. I have already had a quote from PetAir and like others were impressed with their promptness to respond and their advice. The only draw back is that I was told they only fly into Brisbane, not Maroochydore. Wondering if anyone has any feedback about Pets Abroad UK as they do fly into Maroochydore.

I didn’t realise the quarantine rules will be changing and will definitely look into that.

I dont think any international air lines fly from UK to Maroochy, unless they stop at Brisbane first. I'd personally just drive the hour from Maroochy to pick up the dog at Brisbane myself. 

Pets Abroad UK, i am pretty sure is more commonly known as Dogtainers, you may find more feedback / reviews googling Dogatiners.

Cal x

• Like 1

9 hours ago, calNgary said:

I dont think any international air lines fly from UK to Maroochy, unless they stop at Brisbane first. I'd personally just drive the hour from Maroochy to pick up the dog at Brisbane myself. 

Pets Abroad UK, i am pretty sure is more commonly known as Dogtainers, you may find more feedback / reviews googling Dogatiners.

Cal x

I think that would be the case and agree it will probably be easier to just pick him up from Brisbane. I’m really happy with the advice PetAir have given me so far and think this is who we will be using when the time comes.

Thanks for your help x

41 minutes ago, Linda Fletcher said:

I think that would be the case and agree it will probably be easier to just pick him up from Brisbane. I’m really happy with the advice PetAir have given me so far and think this is who we will be using when the time comes.

Thanks for your help x

They do seem to have a good reputation.  I know someone moving back to Australia towards the end of this year.  I mentioned Petair to them simply because of what I’ve seen on here.  They phoned them up and were impressed with them.  They will be using them too.  Their dog is an Australian born dog and lived in Australia from birth until the owner made the move back to the UK last year.  They have decided to return and will of course be taking their dog with them.  Hopefully they will qualify for the 10 days quarantine because of that.