262113 Systems Administrator 190/491

On 04/01/2023 at 08:07, louisesteph23 said:

Hi I’m wondering if anyone has been invited recently for 190/491 for 262113 Systems administrator offshore? And what points did you have? We have 70 for 190 and 80 for 491, and worried this isn’t enough 😢

What state have you applied for?  The difficulty for you is that most IT jobs are in the capital cities, and mostly in Sydney and Melbourne.  The 491 is designed to bring migrants to regional areas which isn't where those jobs are, so your chances of a 491 would be slim, I think.  

Points are less important for the 190 than for the 189 but 70 still sounds a bit low.

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

The 491 is designed to bring migrants to regional areas which isn't where those jobs are, so your chances of a 491 would be slim, I think.  

There are a lot of IT jobs outside of these areas, Systems Admin in particular. In SA these roles are very hard to recruit for and as a result are fetching $1,000 day for contract work. This is after all deductions.

Edited by JetBlast

5 hours ago, JetBlast said:

There are a lot of IT jobs outside of these areas, Systems Admin in particular. In SA these roles are very hard to recruit for and as a result are fetching $1,000 day for contract work. This is after all deductions.

Indeed. Remember ‘regional’ includes Perth, Adelaide, the Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, the Sunny Coast etc etc etc.  

• Like 1