Renting a two bedroom, then looking for a sharer

Ceebs-x

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew how real estate companies feel about a single person renting a two bedroom property, with the intention of finding someone to be added to the lease at a later date? I know in the UK this would seem a bit like subletting and therefore not allowed. But, I’d like to be in a position to choose my own flatmate having found a property I like first. 

Thanks! 

The landlord/owner also has an opinion and might not like it either. I don't like sharers living in my rental apartment - particularly male sharers. Cleaning is often not a priority when two blokes are sharing. Girls are different, they're more likely to make the place a home rather than a doss-house.

I've had two occasions where there was damage and carpets had to be completely replaced after a stint of two males sharing the place. The situation only occurred because the original couple had split and the guys left behind then had their mates move in. I always specify to my agent that I would prefer a couple - don't care what gender.

Edited by NickyNook