Demonstrating Previous Self Employment for TRA

mckeebusiness

Hi guys,

Has any one successfully emigrated and had to prove their previous experience as a self employed tradie, how did you do this?

I'm thinking, several references m, pictures of work, invoices and bank statements.

the only difficulty I have is that to prove these from years ago may be difficult as I wasn’t as stringent with paper work then.

will a reference and bank statement showing incoming suffice?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

I think tax returns would be needed although that alone won’t evidence your skills/experience.   Credits shown on a bank statement don’t evidence income, they just show someone has sent you some money/you’ve paid some in. I agree with verystormy, you should hire a migrant agent to help with this.  There are many great ones who post on this site and they will give your application the best chance. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mckeebusiness said:

Hi guys,

absolutely will be getting a migrant agent in due course. I wanted to prepare as much as I can until I can engage with one so less leg work when that time comes.

Thanks again.

I will let you know how I get on.

You may be wasting time preparing stuff that you don’t need or even worse, wasting time preparing when you don’t have what’s needed.  Would make sense to touch base with an agent at this stage so that you know what to focus on and what your realistic chances are based on your circumstances.  An initial consultation wouldn’t cost very much and would be very much worth it.  

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

Do any of you have direct experience of successfully emigrating whilst utilising a TRA as a self employed individual?

I get using a migration agent, however I am not on a position to do currently.

Thanks Paul, I’ve looked at the official TRA guidelines but would like to hear people’s personal experiences of the documentation they have supplied.

Please feel free to P.M me if anyone would like to discuss further.

TIA 

9 hours ago, mckeebusiness said:

I get using a migration agent, however I am not on a position to do currently.

You can book a one-off consultation with an agent like @paulhand, you don't have to hire them for the whole thing.  It would be a wise thing to do because he can help you get all your ducks in order, then you won't waste time on the wrong things.

• 1 month later...

I’m currently going through this now as a self employed Barber. I have got a migration agent and although bank statements and tax returns are useful, they only show that a business exists. I need to provide equipment invoices, photographs of me providing services and statements from customers. You need to link yourself to the business and prove it was you doing the job day to day. I hope that makes sense