Where about's in Australia to move to..

Ollie2212

On 16/12/2022 at 10:46, Jon the Hat said:

Not defensive, just providing a bit of balance - in 14 months Meth has had precisely zero impact on my or my family's lives, or indeed on anyone I know.  Literally this is the only conversation I have had on the subject.

No idea what you know but Mandurah (quite commonly termed Methdurah due to it being a centre of this trade) This is not only me saying it , but very well documented. I understand that I am better versed than many people in this area, but have not met anyone to date unaware of Mandurah's reputation. ) Most I speak with know fully well what is going down in Perth as well as country areas. 

On 16/12/2022 at 12:05, Quoll said:

You are quite lucky - let us hope it stays that way for you!  Here in Canberra Coke is the shiny bums opiate of choice and they are quite discreet about it but meeting someone very high on something the other mid afternoon (not just alcohol I think) at the bus stop in Canberra city (pants down around his knees, screaming every expletive known to man, throwing shopping trolleys into the road) was a bit of a shock for this little old granny.  My sister in law was not quite so lucky - she was driving around Ballarat when her car (with her in it) was totalled by a couple who were off their heads on ice - my brother in law wont drive at night at all now (his daughter is a paramedic, he's heard the tales I suspec, in addition to his wife being totalled).  Where my son lives, in Gippsland, cannabis is very popular but it, I thought, was known as the Ice capital of Australia, especially around the Sale, Warrnambool area.   If you have kids and can keep them away from it then you are doing very well I reckon!

Sadly far worse than those addicted.  (and I've had more than a few 'issues' with the impacted) Big money will ensure big problems. This is the biggest problem in our nation today. I say that without a shadow of doubt and fully aware of the other problems impacting us a nation. I won't go into most on an online forum obviously, but we should be very concerned and certainly not a laughing matter. I blame the Lib's big time for the situation that has developed and increasingly compromised us a nation. 

On 16/12/2022 at 12:11, Jon the Hat said:

I don't doubt it, but as I said I think you could come across it almost anywhere.  I saw plenty of drug use in the UK and some of it leading to addiction and wider problems.

(I had to look up shiny bums!)

This is nothing remotely similar to UK. I've seen plenty of drug use in many countries outside the UK. This is not drug use but personal gain. 

5 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

No idea what you know but Mandurah (quite commonly termed Methdurah due to it being a centre of this trade) This is not only me saying it , but very well documented. I understand that I am better versed than many people in this area, but have not met anyone to date unaware of Mandurah's reputation. ) Most I speak with know fully well what is going down in Perth as well as country areas. 

I don't live in Mandurah, I live in Mount Pleasant.  Perhaps I would be more aware if I did live down there.

18 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I don't live in Mandurah, I live in Mount Pleasant.  Perhaps I would be more aware if I did live down there.

Fair enough then you'll have limited awareness of what's going down in MH. I don't obviously live there , although would be excused for thinking may do at times with all the MH number plates in my locality. But could equally almost be in Busso or Bunbury or Albany.  

• 1 month later...

As per any city on planet earth, there’s drugs, 

Mandurah is the third largest populated city in WA, so naturally they’ll be more drug addicts than smaller cities per head of population. 

on the plus side, it’s nothing compared to the heroin, crack, spice or weed problems that are rife in the Uk.  

• Like 2

On 13/02/2023 at 21:12, Barnsley Paul said:

As per any city on planet earth, there’s drugs, 

Mandurah is the third largest populated city in WA, so naturally they’ll be more drug addicts than smaller cities per head of population. 

on the plus side, it’s nothing compared to the heroin, crack, spice or weed problems that are rife in the Uk.  

But Mandurah, often referred to as Methdurah is on a level of its own and has been for a considerable number of years. It is well documented so pointless denying it or that WA overall is in the grips of a methamphetamine crisis. 

I have already related the high number of Mandurah number plates in my area a well-known area for the trade. I am not saying it is only Mandurah, much of the southern region is experiencing the problem, if not all. And it is not a case of all cities in the world have a drug issue. That goes without saying. What is less clear is why smaller cities like Mandurah etc, have become such a focus on this particular drug, along with so many engaged in its manufacture. 

I am far   more concerned than most on here into the future consequences the drug trade will have on this state and nation . Our geographic location makes us very vulnerable along with laissez faire attitudes of those in power at best, not forgetting those profiting from what is illegal, though so increasingly mainstream I agree hard to be too concerned about that. 

5 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

But Mandurah, often referred to as Methdurah is on a level of its own and has been for a considerable number of years. It is well documented so pointless denying it or that WA overall is in the grips of a methamphetamine crisis. 

I have already related the high number of Mandurah number plates in my area a well-known area for the trade. I am not saying it is only Mandurah, much of the southern region is experiencing the problem, if not all. And it is not a case of all cities in the world have a drug issue. That goes without saying. What is less clear is why smaller cities like Mandurah etc, have become such a focus on this particular drug, along with so many engaged in its manufacture. 

I am far   more concerned than most on here into the future consequences the drug trade will have on this state and nation . Our geographic location makes us very vulnerable along with laissez faire attitudes of those in power at best, not forgetting those profiting from what is illegal, though so increasingly mainstream I agree hard to be too concerned about that. 

Hard to believe that your police are turning a blind eye to all this drug manufacturing/selling.  Here, we are told to dob in any sign of that sort of thing.  A notice from the police in our local paper states  “For those seeking to profit from manufacturing/selling harmful drugs to Tasmanians, know that we will target you and your activities in order to keep Tasmanians safe."  

3 hours ago, Toots said:

Hard to believe that your police are turning a blind eye to all this drug manufacturing/selling.  Here, we are told to dob in any sign of that sort of thing.  A notice from the police in our local paper states  “For those seeking to profit from manufacturing/selling harmful drugs to Tasmanians, know that we will target you and your activities in order to keep Tasmanians safe."  

Not really hard to believe. Best disregard the notifications as being much more than a PR stunt of sorts , at least here in WA anyway. I will   leave Tasmania to those with insight there, but the multibillion dollar meth industry is not likely to go out of business here in The West, anytime soon. 

We have had cards put out by what was claimed to be Organised Crime Squad, but a few I mentioned it to, said don't bother calling in as nothing will happen. I did and never any feedback. This is a multibillion dollar industry so what I can say?  It is widespread in this state and obviously dangerous with criminal elements taking advantage of the situation. As I mentioned an Irish fellow who is well up in what is going on calls this city Merth. Need I say more? 

To Ollie, mate have a squiz at Mackay, central Coastal Qld. It has 2 fairly large hospitals, one private and the Base Hospital. It had a $407 million  new section only about 6 years ago and is having a $200 m Plus addition .So, I would say the job market could well be in your favour. Mackay has a population of 126,000 people and is well endowed with brilliant beaches, north and south. 
I have no idea about thr property rental, however, many homes near the beaches are about $350 k.

An added bonus is its proximity to the Whitsundays.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1