Recent removal recommendations

Lauralee 11

Hi all does anyone have any recent removal experiences and can recommend good companies? We’re going from UK to Perth and taking mainly sentimental personal effects plus some small items of furniture. 
Nothing we’ll take is essential for day 1 so it’s more about good hassle free service and peace of mind that our stuff will turn up!

4 hours ago, Lauralee 11 said:

Hi all does anyone have any recent removal experiences and can recommend good companies? We’re going from UK to Perth and taking mainly sentimental personal effects plus some small items of furniture. 
Nothing we’ll take is essential for day 1 so it’s more about good hassle free service and peace of mind that our stuff will turn up!

If you don't need a container, then your best bet is Movecube with Seven Seas.    Basically it's a large, sealed box.  You have a choice of three sizes depending how much you need to ship (the largest is over 2 metres long and almost 2 metres high).  None of the other shipping companies offer this service.

If you don't use a Movecube, then you'll have to use a shared container.  That means your stuff goes into a big container with other people's stuff.   Many people use shared containers with no issues, but obviously there's more risk of things going missing or getting damaged when the container is being loaded/unloaded (which may happen more than once during the journey). When we used a shared container, my sewing machine and a few boxes of books went astray.

On 13/12/2022 at 00:35, Marisawright said:

If you don't need a container, then your best bet is Movecube with Seven Seas.    Basically it's a large, sealed box.  You have a choice of three sizes depending how much you need to ship (the largest is over 2 metres long and almost 2 metres high).  None of the other shipping companies offer this service.

If you don't use a Movecube, then you'll have to use a shared container.  That means your stuff goes into a big container with other people's stuff.   Many people use shared containers with no issues, but obviously there's more risk of things going missing or getting damaged when the container is being loaded/unloaded (which may happen more than once during the journey). When we used a shared container, my sewing machine and a few boxes of books went astray.

Thank you! I did look at MoveCube but some of the reviews were mixed and said they don’t offer online tracking which had me slightly worried 

16 hours ago, Lauralee 11 said:

Thank you! I did look at MoveCube but some of the reviews were mixed and said they don’t offer online tracking which had me slightly worried 

I'm not sure why people fret about online tracking.  I mean, you can't do anything about it if it gets lost or delayed, so how does you knowing where it is, help?  It will arrive when it arrives.  Millions of people migrated to Australia long before the internet existed.

16 hours ago, Lauralee 11 said:

They did when we sent ours! We had great fun following where the ship was - though whether they told us the name of the ship and we followed it on the shipping version of flight radar, I'm not sure, the DH did it. Don't think it would have made a bit of difference if we hadn't known though, they tell you when it's arrived and when it's cleared customs etc.