Moving to interstate

Keerat

Hello friend, I really need genuine help for making a decision I got my 190 visa granted last month (Tasmania), my question is if I change my state does it will effect my citizenship application  later on. What do you recommend can I change the state or should I wait for my citizenship. Thank you 🙏 

1 hour ago, Keerat said:

Hello friend, I really need genuine help for making a decision I got my 190 visa granted last month (Tasmania), my question is if I change my state does it will effect my citizenship application  later on. What do you recommend can I change the state or should I wait for my citizenship. Thank you 🙏 

You should stay in Tasmania for the two years to which you have committed yourself. They have sponsored you to live and work there.

• Like 3

On a similar question, I was sponsored by NSW and have been living/working here for almost 12 months now (will be 12 months before the option I'm going to ask about becomes open).

The company I work for has an opening in the Melbourne office that they would like me to go and head up, that would mean moving from NSW - won't be an issue on the 12 months work clause of the 190 visa but is a problem on the 24 months live in the state clause.

Are there any options when it is an employer transfer between states? The company would be happy for me.to continue in NSW but the more senior role is only open in VIC.

I'm just checking options, not even sure if I really want the bigger role or the move...

15 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

On a similar question, I was sponsored by NSW and have been living/working here for almost 12 months now (will be 12 months before the option I'm going to ask about becomes open).

The company I work for has an opening in the Melbourne office that they would like me to go and head up, that would mean moving from NSW - won't be an issue on the 12 months work clause of the 190 visa but is a problem on the 24 months live in the state clause.

Are there any options when it is an employer transfer between states? The company would be happy for me.to continue in NSW but the more senior role is only open in VIC.

I'm just checking options, not even sure if I really want the bigger role or the move...

I think in this case I would be approaching the NSW sponsoring agency and discuss with them that your employer has asked you to move due to a business need for your skills in Melbourne.  They might grant you a release from the clause.

• Thanks 1