How to request additional time to submit documents/AOS for Visa 143

Manrug

Can someone on this forum please help me out. We received request for further information ie medicals, police check, etc and they gave me 28 days. The police checks I can submit on time and I assume medicals will also be uploaded automatically by the clinic directly to Immi. 

We have a problem with AOS. Initially it was going to be my son, then he realised he did not meet the salary threshold. They now have to do it jointly with his wife, this has delayed their application to Centrelink.

How do I ask for a time extension to submit all the paperwork?

Many thanks for your help.

Has your daughter in law done her tax return for the last financial year and have employment whereby she can provide two / 3 recent payslips? We submitted out 20/21 tax returns as we ha not yet done our 21/22 returns as we were waiting for investment tax documents. They did request these, however they still had not been lodged. We were ready to submit, so they gave us an extra 10 days for us to lodgment and provide the ATO assesment notices. We were then called again and they requested letters from our tax agent asking for confirmation in writing what  income was on the returns that they had submitted on our behalf. 

As your son and his wife are the assurers, they will need to contact Centrelink themselves. They will need to contact Centrelink on 132850 (this is the centrelink employment line). An automated message (lady) will ask why they are calling - tell them to just say 'operator' for everything - there is one selection, tell them to select option 4, but say 'operator' for everything else. If you go into detail, they will be 'busy' and lock you out - if you call back, you get a robot message saying 'all operators are busy and goodbye'. 

When they get through to a human, tell them it's for assurance of support and request more time - ask them if they can contact the assurance of support team and see if they can give you an extension - they will not be able to speak to the AOS team themselves . Be nice and respectful at all times. Your son/daughter in law need to document everything, date, time of call and who they spoke to. They should also request a copy/transcript of the phone call - they just need to advise the person they are speaking to about this. The best time to call is 8am on the dot - just as their lines open. Late afternoon, they will get the same message as above - 'all operators are busy and goodbye'. Expect to be on the phone with Centrelink for at least an hour, so make the call when there are no distractions or other matters to attend to.

Hope this helps 🙂 and good luck!

Hi Purpleaster

Thank you for your detailed reply. I have copied your helpful comments and will pass them on to my son/daughter in law. In the mean time My son/daughter in-law managed to go to centrelink and presented all the documents an linked details of finances. So I assume that part is done. 

Will  they still get a phone call from Centrelink for the interview?