medical issues

Jes11

I'm struggling to find information about the medicals requred during the visa process. If we move to Australia, then it is likely that my wife and I will be aged 77 and 75 respectively when we come up for our final medicals. What sort of medical issues cause an applicant to fail a medical?

3 hours ago, Jes11 said:

I'm struggling to find information about the medicals requred during the visa process. If we move to Australia, then it is likely that my wife and I will be aged 77 and 75 respectively when we come up for our final medicals. What sort of medical issues cause an applicant to fail a medical?

I seem to recall you said you wouldn't start the process until you were 67, in which case the visa won't be granted until you are much older than that?   

The waiting time, if you apply today, is at least 15 years for the Contributory visa.  It's likely to be even longer if you delay applying. 

6 hours ago, Jes11 said:

Hi Marisa,

Nice to hear from you again. I was trying to be positive about waiting timers for the 864 visa of say 10 years - likely to be unrealistic I know

You can only be positive or negative about an outcome when the future is uncertain. Unfortunately the waiting time for parent visas is factual.   No government is going to change it because allowing more parents in would cause such a massive hole in their budget.

On 06/11/2022 at 07:42, Marisawright said:

You can only be positive or negative about an outcome when the future is uncertain. Unfortunately the waiting time for parent visas is factual.   No government is going to change it because allowing more parents in would cause such a massive hole in their budget.

But the outcome of the medical is uncertain, so you can put a positive spin on that. The cost of treatment depends on how long you will have the condition. If they discover something on your medical when you are 110 years old, they won't expect to have to treat it for long.

• Like 1