Need Help on Removal Comp

Guest Karen K

Guest Karen K

Hi Guys, looking around at Removals and i was wondering if anyone had use 1st Move, Pickfords or John Mason. If anyone would like to recommend one to me in the Southampton area i would be very greatful XX:wacko:

Guest Karen K

Thanks guys i have just been looking at "old"threads regarding removal companys and John Mason has come highly reccommended by most of PIO, however just rang Meridan Moving and storage Ltd who are coming next week. Anyone used them and what did you think? XX

Whites (they have a depot at Bursledon ish) seemed really professional when we saw them at one of those migration events

We contacted 4 (I think, it was Nov last year) all the quotes were very similar £3,500 for a 20ft container 2 day wrap and pack door to door.

Crown would not come out said to let them know what everyone else quoted and they would undercut it! I am not going with on principle, if they cannot be bothered to meet the customer before taking thier money - stuff em!

PSS - not bad, the guy was going back to Melbourne himself (an Ozzie) after working here for a few years, they did follow up after and seemed very professional

Anglo Pacific- not impressed

We are going with Robinsons, they use Wridgeways in Oz who are an established firm, my sister used them and found them really good on both sides.

hope this helps

Karen X

Guest Sam&Si

Hi Karen,

We're about half-way through on our search, just one more to go and then we're going to decide. So far:

PSS - 2,300 for 550 cubic feet shared container Cardiff to Brisbane all incl, or £3,500 for own 20ft reefer

Anglo Pacific - still waiting for a reply 4 weeks later.....whats that about?

Crown - same as PSS but so far haven't been as pleasant to deal with

The one who's coming next week is Kent International, this is from a tip on a thread last week on PIO. They are the handling agents for PSS in Oz, and the PIO said that he wished he used them for the whole move. Will let you know how we get on

x

We used John Masons, found them excellent from the guy who came to give us the quote to the packers who worked non stop for 2 days. They use Wridgeways here at the Aus end (in Perth anyway) who were also excellent and seemed to get our cargo through a 2 week backlog at Freo docks very quickly

Ali

Guest Karen K

Thanks guys for your replies, very interesting comments, i wonder if these company's look at PIO as they could learn a thing or two. One company i rang 1st Move said they do not come out and assess so i thought, well sod you then. So far i have two coming to visit. Bishops Move who quoted us back in April told me the price has "well gone up" said they would get back to me and NOTHING so they can sod off as well. Do removal companys not need the work then in this credit crunch !!!! Well enough moaning, fingers crossed one of the two will come up trumps. XXX

Just had 3 quotes this last week (John Mason, Crown & PSS), all similar prices although Crown more expensive they do include everything in their quote and said there would be room for negotiation!

Just a word of warning, after reading through the small print, John Masons quote does not include ANY fees for customs, quarantine, container cleaning (if needed) etc etc - not sure how much all this is going to add up to but when I asked them to contact me to clarify, I'm still waiting for a phone call back - that for me has knocked them out of the picture now.

Will probably go with Crown if they can knock their quote down far enough - not much between them & PSS other than the guy from PSS was getting on my nerves when he kept looking down my top!!!!!!!!!:Randy-git:

Guest roantreemj

We have just started this bit of our plans - removal companies - we left our details with Anglo Pacific and they telephoned us the next day. Had a guy round yesterday - he was very polite, turned up dead on time and put us through the process - but with no pressure or obligation to sign up for anything. They are sending us a quote through the post......................bit worried now as read a 'not impressed' blog on here!!!!!!!!!!!! We are gonna try Robinsons next as brother went with them and he was happy with the service both in UK and Aus..................

Guest Sam&Si
Thanks guys for your replies, very interesting comments, i wonder if these company's look at PIO as they could learn a thing or two. One company i rang 1st Move said they do not come out and assess so i thought, well sod you then. So far i have two coming to visit. Bishops Move who quoted us back in April told me the price has "well gone up" said they would get back to me and NOTHING so they can sod off as well. Do removal companys not need the work then in this credit crunch !!!! Well enough moaning, fingers crossed one of the two will come up trumps. XXX

Bit of gossip (well it was news to me anyway), I was told by one of the guys who came to quote that one well known firm whose name begins with a B (and if you put the word Rule in front of it then you have the name of a song...) anyway this particular firm has recently forked out a significant sum of money (in excess of £30k) to prevent their name being used on PIO because they got such a slating. It just goes to show what a great tool these Forums are, I wouldn't have known even where to begin on this freight business without PIO.

X

Guest Wallace

Hi Karen - We are in the Southampton area and are going to be using Pickfords within the next few weeks! Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Guest Karen K
Hi Karen - We are in the Southampton area and are going to be using Pickfords within the next few weeks! Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Great stuff can we bunk in with you then, drop ours off at Perth and you pay the bill, sounds good to me......................... SORTED..................only kidding XXXX:goofy:

Guest Karen K
Just had 3 quotes this last week (John Mason, Crown & PSS), all similar prices although Crown more expensive they do include everything in their quote and said there would be room for negotiation!

Just a word of warning, after reading through the small print, John Masons quote does not include ANY fees for customs, quarantine, container cleaning (if needed) etc etc - not sure how much all this is going to add up to but when I asked them to contact me to clarify, I'm still waiting for a phone call back - that for me has knocked them out of the picture now.

Will probably go with Crown if they can knock their quote down far enough - not much between them & PSS other than the guy from PSS was getting on my nerves when he kept looking down my top!!!!!!!!!:Randy-git:

Bloody cheek, i have the same problem, being a big lady in that department, i usually ask them what there looking at, or i say YES they are real and all mine .:yes: Thanks for infor also XX

Hmm that's 3 of us from Southampton then, any more ???? we are just outside in Eastleigh and of course there is Gill (Gollywobbler)

neither of you have a relative who works in Comet do you? had a conversation with a man whose cousin was having a leaving party this week end or soon - every one I speak to is either thinking of going themselves or has a relative or friend who is going

We are going to Melbourne and it will be by the end of Sept if not sooner!! just have a little blip to sort before I book the flights.

We are having a 20ft container all to our selves and we were quoted £3,500 by all the ones that came out BUT that was last Nov and we have been told that it may be higher due to fuel costs which is a real pain.

Good luck

Karen X

P.S Wallace any Karen's in your family ????

Guest Diane Paul and the kids
Hi Guys, looking around at Removals and i was wondering if anyone had use 1st Move, Pickfords or John Mason. If anyone would like to recommend one to me in the Southampton area i would be very greatful XX:wacko:

Hi we are using John Masons,very helpfull and a reasonable price.

Guest Karen K
Hmm that's 3 of us from Southampton then, any more ???? we are just outside in Eastleigh and of course there is Gill (Gollywobbler)

neither of you have a relative who works in Comet do you? had a conversation with a man whose cousin was having a leaving party this week end or soon - every one I speak to is either thinking of going themselves or has a relative or friend who is going

We are going to Melbourne and it will be by the end of Sept if not sooner!! just have a little blip to sort before I book the flights.

We are having a 20ft container all to our selves and we were quoted £3,500 by all the ones that came out BUT that was last Nov and we have been told that it may be higher due to fuel costs which is a real pain.

Good luck

Karen X

I haven't been to Eastleigh for ages due to road closer !! I live Bishops Waltham. Do you Southampton lot ever meet? if so let me know i would like to get together before i leave which hopefully will be at the end of the month......in OZ sometime in Septemeber all being well XX

Guest tomandmillie

Hi

We used Anglo Pacific and they were good until we had to make an insurance claim here and they really couldn't have been less helpful - and it's worth noting there is a very large admin fee to process a claim (can't remember how much) and we only claimed for one thing (a damaged bed) so we ended up with not enough to buy a new one.

Guest Karen K
Hi

We used Anglo Pacific and they were good until we had to make an insurance claim here and they really couldn't have been less helpful - and it's worth noting there is a very large admin fee to process a claim (can't remember how much) and we only claimed for one thing (a damaged bed) so we ended up with not enough to buy a new one.

Thats really crap, i hate things like this. Thanks for input. I hope AP are reading this site because this is not good for them and i would think twice about using them now.XX

Guest Wallace

Good luck

Karen X

Hey guys. Sorry Karen there are no Karen's that we know of in the Wallace family, haha.

There is a handful of us leaving Southampton behind. How long have you lived in Eastleigh? :)

Archived