Numpty alert - washing machines

Right excuse me been thick as pig muck here. Washing machines. Do they plumb in in the same way with the same fixings down under or will I need diffrent hoses? Yeah I know a proper yawn inducing query but these are the things that keep me awake at night :SLEEP:

waits to be told they plumb in upside down.....

Guest sheena

hiya, no need to change anything, just had our stuff from uk a few weeks back and hubby plumbed it straight away! it might sound a bit silly to ask these questions but all of us in oz have thought of these things at one time or another!

sheena x

Guest Jaynie

Hi Cj,

Well we brought our washing machine over with us and the fittings worked, however...........it only lasted about 6 months, the drum went on it, when I called the guy out he was English and it was going to cost heaps to fix, cheaper to buy a new one, he said the washing powder over here did something to it.

I wash in cold water over here and the powders are adapted for this and believe it or not the washing is much cleaner than the hot wash! I have a top loader and it's great cos if you forget to put something in you can stop the wash by lifting the lid and chucking it in.

I was back in Liverpool a couple of months ago and gave me Mum me washing and it came out discoloured, I re-washed it over here in the cold wash and it came up good again!! (thankfully):jiggy:

Thanks ladies. Me and hubby are still debating this issue. I want to take my machine as its only about 5 months old hubby however keeps bleating about the wonders of top loaders lol. I did think top loaders where like old fashioned twin tubs but hubby informed me otherwise. Ah well I guess we will see how much it will cost us to take and balance it out against buying new over there...

No doubt some other domestic worry will crop up between now and going for me to stress over.

Guest Jaynie

Honestly?.........I would go for a top loader, they are nothing like twin tubs, fully automatic they have the agitator in the middle and they give a good wash, they range from anything like $400-$700 depending on what size you want and the make of them, I was trying to google some for you but it was playing up, try this site and see if you can make it work it was driving me mad to be honest with you.

www.thegoodguys.com.au

Hope it works for you.

Guest sheena
Thanks ladies. Me and hubby are still debating this issue. I want to take my machine as its only about 5 months old hubby however keeps bleating about the wonders of top loaders lol. I did think top loaders where like old fashioned twin tubs but hubby informed me otherwise. Ah well I guess we will see how much it will cost us to take and balance it out against buying new over there...

No doubt some other domestic worry will crop up between now and going for me to stress over.

hi again, me and jayne are buddies but i beg to differ on this one! (sorry jayne!) i hate top loaders, i dont think they wash as well as front loaders, given the choice i would have front loader anyday! i would bring yours with you,if it was me!

sheena :wubclub:

If you bring or get a washer in the uk and bring it over get a hot and cold fill becos if you have solar hot water system you will save a few bob on power

malx

Hahaha the great washing machine debate. Have to say I do love the idea of been able to stop the wash and throw in the sock that always escapes. Will have a google after to see which type has larger capacity cos with 4 boys and hopefully the beach on our doorstop I am having a premanition of lots of washing. Suppose the good thing is at least it will dry quicker :biglaugh:

Stuffed for drying things atm as my dryer died and hubby wont let me have a new one

Archived