Backpacking

Guest garysmith1988

Guest garysmith1988

Ok everyone need you help.

If you backpack across aussie for a certain amount of time can you get a visa for living over there? migration does confuse me very much and i just dont know where to start.

I am going to get a working visa but i want the best and easyest way possable to get over there.

so what do you all say any advise.

thanks

Gary

If you backpack across aussie for a certain amount of time can you get a visa for living over there? migration does confuse me very much and i just dont know where to start.

I am going to get a working visa but i want the best and easyest way possable to get over there.

thanks

Gary

If you are under 30 and want to supplement the income legally then the 12 month Working Holiday Visa would probably be the way to go. If you are older than that and have plenty of dosh then you can get an e-visa for 6 months (there may even be a 12 month one). At the end of them though you are expected to go home. Just because you backpack for a while doesnt entitle you to being able to live permanently in Australia. If you want to do that then you have to look at your skills, qualification and experience and see how they could get you in.

Guest garysmith1988

Thanks very much i have also been told by my boss if i work with a company and the compay is over in aussie aswel i can get a transfer. but i have no idea where to start lol but thanks....

Guest fatpom

thanks

Gary

We backpacked around Aus (some years now). At that time you could get a 12 month working visa if under 25 no hassles or under 30 if you could give good reason (can't remember the details of what "good reason" meant now). I was 33 anyway but I could have got the OH working... but the bitch refused :biglaugh:.

In my opinion its a pretty good way to get a feel for the place and see if you could make a go of it. We met some who applied for PR whilst backpacking... not sure how they did it, probably employer nomination? If you talk to other backpackers you'll pick up all the info on how its done.

Guest garysmith1988

thanks alot for you advise. dont you hate it when you really want something so amazing to happen but you feel it ownt thats how i feel about australia lol i really want to live there. i will just have to wait and see hey. well thanks for you time.

gary

Archived