HOW ARE THE VISA ISSUED

Guest Davidgolf

Guest Davidgolf

JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME PLEASE. WE HAVE HAD THE OK TO HAVE OUR MED'S AND OUR POLICE CHECKS DONE. ALL GOING WELL ,THAT THESE ARE OK DO YOU NEED TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT OFF TO OZ OR ARE THESE SENT TO YOU. THE PROBLEM BEING IS THAT WE ARE GOING ON HOLIDAY AT THE BEGIN OF MARCH FOR A WEEK. CAN ANYONE ADVICE PLEASE

DAVID

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi David

If you are dealing with your application yourself, your CO will send you a letter as a e-mail attachment telling you that your visa has been granted and giving the visa number. Otherwise your agent willget the letter and will forward it to you.

You then have to send the letter and your passports to Australia House in London, by Special Delivery, and enclosing a pre-paid Special Delivery silver puch so that the AHC can return the passports to you.

Please see here and click on the bit about visa evidencing as it is called:

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Visas%5fand%5fMigration.html

CHeers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi David

In the e-mail accompanying the letter confirming the grant of my mother's visa recently, the CO asked us to wait 5 days before sending Mum's passport to London. The visa was granted on a Friday and the e-mail was sent the same day.

The CO said that the reason for asking us to wait was because she would have to transmit the necessary confirmation to London electronically, and this arrangement can sometimes go wrong, meaning that the CO has to send it again.

To be honest, I ignored this request and sent Mum's passport off on the Monday, 3 days later, reasoning that unless the passport turned up in the London office the staff in it would be unlikely to notice whether the data from the CO had turned up or not. Evidently it had, though, because Mum's passport arrived back on the Friday of that week with the visa label in it.

I shouldn't think it would matter if you did not get round to submitting your passports till several weeks or even months later, but I suspect that for most people, we are so sick of the whole process by the time the visa is granted, we tend to rush to get the visa-labels in our passports to get that bit of the process over and done with!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Nelson

As an add on from Gill's post, the visa then has to be first validated by whatever date is given on the visa. This date is usually 12 months from the date of medicals or police checks, whichever is the oldest. So, for example, if you had your meds on March 9th 2006, Police checks on May 2nd 2006 and Visa Grant on 14th May, 2006 you would probably have to validate your visa by March 9th 2007.

Validation is your first visit to Oz and the lead applicant must arrive first if you are not all travelling together.

After that, you then have 5 years to make the move completely.

Archived