Furnished rental for new arrivals

Cheekee

We moved to Perth in January 2007 in the middle of a massive real estate crisis but we secured a furnished  rental in Joondalup months in advance. This was obviously so helpful having an address for 2 months whilst we we secured long term rental whilst building for next 2 years.

Anyway I’ll get to my point 😉  We’ve had a fantastic time, Perth has been everything we’ve wanted & it’s home but we fancy an adventure & plan to go travelling around the world for 12 months. In order to do this we thought we could rent out house out furnished for 12 months & get an agent to handle it. My preferred choice would be to let to migrants like we were but the rentals were advertised on forums similar to this so I thought I’d gage if there is still a market for this.

• Like 1

With hotels and Air BnB 's becoming harder to secure and short term rentals pretty non existent id say you wouldn't have a problem letting it out. I wouldn't necessarily restrict it to just migrants though, back when i did similar i hosted lots of interstate workers too, they preferred a house to hotel if there was 5 or 6 of them.. Just make sure you use a reputable agent.

Cal x

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

There are many people moving temporarily who don’t want to fight for a rental and go to the trouble of furnishing it. We are in Brisbane in a very ordinary lowset house in a not particularly flash area. We also have a cat that needs care. Advertised our property as a furnished all inclusive rental for 5 months next year whilst we are in the UK and got a lot of interest from lovely prospective tenants. The alternative (Airbnb, service accommodation) is formidably expensive. I’d imagine you would have no problems - but get a good property manager.

Edited by Chortlepuss
  • Thanks 1

We are using a holiday letting company & we are just getting the personal stuff packed away.  We are being promised incredible returns & the agent is close by looking after it.

Rates are 15% but if they bring in what they believe it’s well worth it.