RRV is it possible

forblkexp

Hello forum members, new here, its really great community 👍

Just wanted to ask if anyone can offer an opinion on this.Got turned down on an RRV STNI Visa 'without sufficient ties of benefit to Australia' (I had accepted compelling reasons for absence)  Prior to the STNI visa grant, I had an expired Skilled Independent Visa that I just let lapse as it seemed easier to go STNI. In hindsight I am not sure that was the easiest thing but was partly my own ignorance of visa rules.

I now have a job offer, would it be worth

1. Re applying for RRV with job offer or am I not able to reapply after an RRV  refusal ?

2, Or is there an advantage in trying to use the previous lapsed Skilled Independent Visa ?

Is there any benefit to one or the other, or am I just dreaming of something thats no longer even possible ? 

I feel I need to either try again, or if its futile, let it go and move on with our life. Its actually stopping me going in forward, always the thought of is the door still open.  I am sure anyone whose gone down this road will understand the turmoil. My life is good in the UK but this is like a constant wound that needs to heal.

I probably know the answer but live in hope of a miracle 🤞 Thanks for reading

You've just found out something many people miss:  it doesn't matter how compelling your reasons for absence were.  FIRST, you MUST have 'sufficient ties of benefit to Australia".  If you don't have that, compelling reasons aren't even considered.

In hindsight it was probably unwise to let your original visa lapse.

A job offer can count as being "of benefit to Australia" so that might well help you.  I suggest booking a consultation with an agent to see if they have any strategies.  Sometimes they have suggestions they wouldn't air on a public forum.

Edited by Marisawright

17 hours ago, paulhand said:

To answer the specific questions:

1. The refusal doesn’t preclude a new application, but obviously it will need to be declared in all future applications. 
2. That just isn’t “a thing”. Once a visa has expired, it’s gone for good. 

Thanks for your reply Paul. If I am understanding your reply correctly, it doesn't matter which visa I use ? they are both expired, neither would have an advantage. 

I note you say the refusal doesn't preclude a further application, and I do now have the job offer.

22 hours ago, Marisawright said:

You've just found out something many people miss:  it doesn't matter how compelling your reasons for absence were.  FIRST, you MUST have 'sufficient ties of benefit to Australia".  If you don't have that, compelling reasons aren't even considered.

In hindsight it was probably unwise to let your original visa lapse.

A job offer can count as being "of benefit to Australia" so that might well help you.  I suggest booking a consultation with an agent to see if they have any strategies.  Sometimes they have suggestions they wouldn't air on a public forum.

Thank you for your thoughts.