Passport application times

DukeNinja

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the current wait times are for a regular Australian passport application? (applying as new, not a renewal).

I'm hearing the wait times are currently around 3 months or more. 

Is the priority pathway worthwhile? Is that still quicker or are there delays with that one too?

On 05/10/2022 at 21:15, bicek said:

Is the priority pathway worthwhile

Application received by passport office on the 13th September. 

Issued on the 14th of September 

Despatched on the 15th of September 

Received on the 27th of September. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/10/2022 at 19:15, bicek said:

Does anyone know what the current wait times are for a regular Australian passport application? (applying as new, not a renewal).

I'm hearing the wait times are currently around 3 months or more. 

Is the priority pathway worthwhile? Is that still quicker or are there delays with that one too?

Just a single data point, I put in a straightforward child passport renewal from abroad at the end of August, I still haven't received anything from the consulate.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mallard76 said:

We applied for 4 people without priority. 1 passport (child, 5 year validity) was issued within a week ! Still waiting on the rest.

That's surprising! Was it a renewal child passport or new one? They told me the new child passports were the slowest.

I applied for 1 adult (renewal) and 1 child (new), without priority. The adult one arrived within a week. Still waiting on the child's passport. Its been a few weeks and i am preparing for a long wait on this one. I'll be very happy if it arrives before xmas.

On 16/11/2022 at 16:27, bicek said:

That's surprising! Was it a renewal child passport or new one? They told me the new child passports were the slowest.

I applied for 1 adult (renewal) and 1 child (new), without priority. The adult one arrived within a week. Still waiting on the child's passport. Its been a few weeks and i am preparing for a long wait on this one. I'll be very happy if it arrives before xmas.

All 4 passports were new - we just got our citizenship. Today, two adult passports were posted, so just one outstanding (16yo child with 10 year validity). Only 2 weeks from applications.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience of collecting from the Perth Passport Office (I presume this is one collects after applying at the Passport Rapid location Auspost in city center)? Do you have to stand in those horrendous queues if you're collecting? Thanks