Flight prices. Ouch!

emanyalpsid

I recently paid GBP4.5 k for a return flight with Emirates - jeez that hurt !    I paid GBP1,700 for the same route back in May.

I do know people looking at travelling around March next year and theyre saying its back to more normal/reasonable levels so hopefully things will normalise.    My hands were tied as I had to come back in August to assist family with some stuff but otherwise would have held off as those prices are ludicrous.

On 12/09/2022 at 19:22, Johnny Kash said:

I recently paid GBP4.5 k for a return flight with Emirates - jeez that hurt !    I paid GBP1,700 for the same route back in May.

I do know people looking at travelling around March next year and theyre saying its back to more normal/reasonable levels so hopefully things will normalise.    My hands were tied as I had to come back in August to assist family with some stuff but otherwise would have held off as those prices are ludicrous.

Is that economy? I was used to paying closer to 1.2k per adult back a few years ago

5 hours ago, emanyalpsid said:

Is that economy? I was used to paying closer to 1.2k per adult back a few years ago

yes, its the top level of Economy, so at least its a fully flexible ticket and we get the 35kg baggage allowance.

But still, its economy!!   As I said it was just bad timing and if I didnt have to travel those dates I wouldve held off until things got back to normal.   

• 1 month later...