No electricians accepted in Queensland

Rhian

3 hours ago, Raplin45 said:

Hey Rhian, yeah sadly not the case - you submit the EoI which is basically you saying "yep, we meet all the criteria and this is the visa we want please", you then wait to be invited to apply for the visa, then you actually apply for the visa and pay the money for it. At which point you wait again for it to be granted. 

Timescales are all over the place in terms of how long it might take at each stage, some quick, some very long from my observation and of course a big old backlog from recent years. Once you have applied for the visa and paid the money, that's when you join the queue and are working with timescales shown here - 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

Hope that helps.

Oh brilliant another waiting game! It’ll be worth it in the end I’m sure but it’s slightly sole destroying waiting and waiting! 

42 minutes ago, Rhian said:

That’s what they say the criteria for QLD that you must get 80 points for the 189

The 189 visa allows you to live wherever you want whereas the 190 visa is state sponsored meaning that your occupation has to be on that states list then you stay in that state for atleast 2yrs.

Your agent may mean that you need 80 points for the 189 visa but for the 190 it isn't showing minium points needed for an invite.

If Brisbane is where you want to live and your husbands occupation is on the QLD list (which is it) then the 190 visa is probably your easiest option.

6 minutes ago, Lavers said:

The 189 visa allows you to live wherever you want whereas the 190 visa is state sponsored meaning that your occupation has to be on that states list then you stay in that state for atleast 2yrs.

Your agent may mean that you need 80 points for the 189 visa but for the 190 it isn't showing minium points needed for an invite.

If Brisbane is where you want to live and your husbands occupation is on the QLD list (which is it) then the 190 visa is probably your easiest option.

But then won’t it be a faff to apply for PR after we’ve done the 190 visa? And would we guarantee to get PR after having the 190 visa 

189 and 190 are permanent visas. 189 allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia. 190 visas are state sponsored visas. These are offered by the individual states for occupations that are needed in that state. These occupation lists vary from state to state.

A simple google search gives you the list of electrician categories that are eligible for visas and the respective visas (search for electrician in the occupation box):

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list

Another search shows you that Migration Queensland requires you to have 80 points to be eligible for the 190, and 65 points for the 491 visa:

https://migration.qld.gov.au/visa-options/skilled-visas/skilled-workers-living-offshore

The 189 and 190 are the most desired visas, but also the hardest to qualify for.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I’d let everyone know that we now have a new agent! They said we’ve been told information incorrectly and also been hindered! We now have a U.K agent so easier to communicate! Fingers crossed will all be sorted soon and we can be on our way down under! 🦘🤞🏼

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhian said:

Thought I’d let everyone know that we now have a new agent! They said we’ve been told information incorrectly and also been hindered! We now have a U.K agent so easier to communicate! Fingers crossed will all be sorted soon and we can be on our way down under! 🦘🤞🏼

Do you mind me asking what agent you were with and who you changed to? 

@Ceebs-x I will say who we are with now as don’t want to bad mouth a company as we are having a chat with the manager with the company we were with about why we’ve left so don’t want to bad mouth as I think it was one agent as the rest were lovely just unfortunate that once they finish one part you get passed to another person to start the next section who just never got back to our emails and questions and misinterpreted information so we will be expressing that one person deals with clients from start to finish. We are now with the Down Under Centre who we’ve been very impressed with and keep the same agent throughout the process and is much easier to talk to as we are on the same time zone! Hope you understand! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhian said:

So Queensland are excepting applications for your husbands trade?

3 hours ago, Rhian said:

@Ceebs-x I will say who we are with now as don’t want to bad mouth a company as we are having a chat with the manager with the company we were with about why we’ve left so don’t want to bad mouth as I think it was one agent as the rest were lovely just unfortunate that once they finish one part you get passed to another person to start the next section who just never got back to our emails and questions and misinterpreted information so we will be expressing that one person deals with clients from start to finish. We are now with the Down Under Centre who we’ve been very impressed with and keep the same agent throughout the process and is much easier to talk to as we are on the same time zone! Hope you understand! 

TBH, I wouldn't have recommended the Down Under Centre either, but you're probably committed now.  They seem very eager and helpful on the surface but that doesn't mean they're efficient behind the scenes. Make sure you ask lots of questions and make sure you are dealing with a MARA registered agent when you speak to them, not some minion.

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

TBH, I wouldn't have recommended the Down Under Centre either, but you're probably committed now.  They seem very eager and helpful on the surface but that doesn't mean they're efficient behind the scenes. Make sure you ask lots of questions and make sure you are dealing with a MARA registered agent when you speak to them, not some minion.

Who would you recommend? 

Do you think UK people should go for a UK based agent or an Australia based agent? 

I was mostly looking at Australia based as if there are issues they can try deal with them in their own time zone.

@Marisawright @Ceebs-x My mother in law used Down under centre and they were very good. The problem is everyone has their own opinions on who to use and who’s the best. Personally I wouldn’t use and Australian based agent after the trouble of communication. You end up emailing and then then don’t get back to you till the following day. Whereas going with who we have now I email I get a reply. I want to call I just call and speak so personally would always go for a U.K one but everyone is different and everyone will have their own opinions! Hope that helps! But now we’re on the right track I’ll probably end the post here! Thanks all! 

• Like 2