Which to go for- 189 or Victoria 190?

Melcam

Hi, I'd really appreciate some advice please!

Myself and my husband (I'm a Secondary English teacher, he's a Primary teacher) were all geared up to apply 2 years ago. We had the skills assessments done, the English tests, were preparing the paperwork... And then the pandemic hit and we halted everything (a common story I'm sure!!).

A couple of weeks ago I was notified that Victoria were welcoming offshore applications again, so I immediately put in an EOI for the 190 (90 points). Whilst doing so, I also put in for the 189 (80 points) because why the heck not.

72 hours later I had an invite to apply for the 189. The next day, an email from Victoria for the 190. 

One issue is that Victoria requires 12 weeks left on our skills assessments- we only have 3 (having done them so long ago!). I imagine we'd have to decline this EOI and reapply once the skills assessments came back. 

Having prepared all of the documents on Immi and now with the 189 visa application 'ready to submit', have I made the right decision? To go for the 189 over 190? It's obviously a lot of money to not make the right choice...

Any thoughts/ advice would be welcome!

17 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

The 189 is the best off all visas 

If you actually want VIC, there is a possibility the 190 would process a little quicker (but no guarantee especially as you need to redo skills assessment)

If you want to live anywhere else (or suspect you'd like to keep your options open) then the 189 is everyone's first choice.

I'd just apply for the 189 if I was you