German Police Clearance

PaulM

We are in the (hopefully) final stages of our 143 visa journey, however we have encountered a frustrating delay in getting our German police clearance. We know the process as we had to do the same early last year for bridging visas. The issue is that it is a postal application to the authority in Germany and once it is sent the only tracking is from the courier that it has been delivered. The German authority discourages any form of communication after that to check on process and only send the actual document back by airmail.

Last year, my wife's clearance took four weeks from dispatch from Australia via courier to receiving the clearance back and mine took six weeks (I'm a Brit and there is an additional check the German's make for that). This year we have so far been waiting eight weeks. We have asked for extensions on the 28 days given by Aus Immi and been granted that (the Centrelink part for AoS anyway takes longer than 28 days).

Our issue is that we don't know if the German's have done their bit and sent; if they have lost the form; if the clearances have been posted; if the letters are lost in the post; any other possibilities. It seems our only option might be to apply again in case there has been a mishap at the Germany end or in the post. That will probably mean we are again at least a monthe from getting the clearances.

Does anybody have any experience of this with Germany or know of any other way to get the clearance?

I'm also posting this in the general 143forum.

Thanks, Paul

Thanks Rammy. Yes, we sent all evidence of the original application through to Immigration via our agent well within the 28 days, so they have that. Have today sent a repeat application to Germany just in case the last has got lost somewhere after arriving in Bonn..