TRA EXPERIENCE????

Guest markfitz

Guest markfitz

Hi everyone,

Just a bit confused about the TRA process!!

I have not undertaken a formal apprenticeship. However, i have 5 years experience in my trade and have studied a formal trade qualification part time at college.

Is this enough to what TRA class as a tradesperson????

Cheers Mark.

Hi Mark

I think you should talk to an experienced migration agent there a couple who come on this forum.

Many agents offer an initial free consultation over the phone we had one that lasted about 20 mins before we booked a face to face interview. They will let you know if they think they can help you and if what you have done so far will qualify you for visa status.

Good luck

Kaye :)

Guest kerryandduncan

Hi Mark

We are currently in the process of applying for immigration. My partner Duncan only has on the job experience in his field of work with no qualifications but has 6 years experience, apparently it is enough. Of course as long as they require the work that you do then I guess thats ok. But and I say this with a big but! It is a long old process of getting proof of this especially if you've worked with different companies during this time as you have to get each company to write a lengthy ref detailing tools used, hours worked, what you did throughout each day and how many hours completing the tasks etc. Trying to get that out of companies is a nightmare! We ended up writing our own references and getting them to put it onto headed paper otherwise we would never have got them.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Kerry

Mark,

The assessing body for those with trade skills (Trades Recognition Australia) has published what it calls Uniform Assessment Criteria. These can be accessed via this webpage:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Individual/Migrant/TRA/Usefullinks.htm

In essence, if you don't have a fully indentured apprenticeship you may be looking at evidencing skilled work experience in your nominated occupation of at least 6 years.

Best regards.

Guest markfitz

Hi Alan,

I had sort of an apprenticeship, that sent me to college part time and i was with a tradesman until i passed my qualification. However, there was no contract of employment to say that it was an apprenticeship, well there was no contract of employment to say i was at the company to be honest.

Would a reference from my previous employer stating it was an apprenticeship be suffcient?

Also, the 6 years experience does this include the time that you spent on the apprenticeship?

Cheers Mark

Hello again Mark.

These are what I call pre-skills assessment issues, which we deal with as part of what we call a stage 1 skills assessment review. If you would like to explore this more fully feel able to telephone my office in Southampton on UK number 023 80 488777 - ask for Marina Towner.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I had sort of an apprenticeship, that sent me to college part time and i was with a tradesman until i passed my qualification. However, there was no contract of employment to say that it was an apprenticeship, well there was no contract of employment to say i was at the company to be honest.

Would a reference from my previous employer stating it was an apprenticeship be suffcient?

Also, the 6 years experience does this include the time that you spent on the apprenticeship?

Cheers Mark

Archived