Visa refusal rates

wrussell

22 minutes ago, can1983 said:

Extremely low refusal rate for partner visas!

I wonder why they may you provide so much evidence when they all get approved anyway

I'm sure they would say it is because they ask for so much evidence that they approve so many, i.e. it puts off those who might be inclined to exaggerate their relationship.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, can1983 said:

Extremely low refusal rate for partner visas!

I wonder why they may you provide so much evidence when they all get approved anyway

Alternatively, they make you provide so much evidence so they are in a position to approve the maximum number of applications. It is interesting though that the 20-21 refusal rate was much lower than usual. I suspect they were cherry-picking from the queue somewhat. 

Immigration did not count as refusals those who received an 'adverse information' letter and withdrew, or withdrew for some other reason, rather than have a visa refusal on record.

The refusal rates published by immigration seem to be at odds with the number review applications to the AAT at relevant times, particularly so when it is taken into account that not all visa refusals result in a review application. 

I have taken a few partner and other refusal cases  (none of mine) to the AAT and so far have not lost one. 

Immigration have their neck in a knot (again) re family and other family visas. You can put your money on lengthy processing delays and an increased refusal rate.

20 hours ago, wrussell said:

Immigration have their neck in a knot (again) re family and other family visas. You can put your money on lengthy processing delays and an increased refusal rate.

Considering that the planned partner visa numbers for the current program year have dropped from 72,300 to 40,500, I think we are going to see ongoing processing delays.

The published processing times are already showing 6 to 36 months. 

3 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Considering that the planned partner visa numbers for the current program year have dropped from 72,300 to 40,500, I think we are going to see ongoing processing delays.

The published processing times are already showing 6 to 36 months. 

what a joke IMMI is, its disgusting how long visas take to process.

I am extremely thankful that I am a dual national and will never have to partake in this nonsense again