Uggs...

pob

It's cold here, I want some ugg boots, maybe a pair of moccasins?

I want real Australian Uggs, made from real Australian sheep skin.

Does anyone know where I can buy some in Sydney?

I know there is the company that have trade marked the UGG name, but they just sell the skins with a fake fur liner. Awful things. What I am after is the real deal, real lamb fur tickling my toes and keeping them warm, I want the real Aussie feeling.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Look at other brands, there are a few still made here. Quality of Ugg has declined a lot I’m afraid. Soles come off easily etc……

I thought that UGG was only a brand outside of Australia and inside Australia it is just a term for the Ugly boots. But I could be wrong.

While not being the best looking things they would be worn happily around the house, keeping my feet warm.

I was wondering if anyone knew a good sheepskin store in Sydney that made their own?

On 28/08/2022 at 07:42, pob said:

I thought that UGG was only a brand outside of Australia and inside Australia it is just a term for the Ugly boots. But I could be wrong.

While not being the best looking things they would be worn happily around the house, keeping my feet warm.

I was wondering if anyone knew a good sheepskin store in Sydney that made their own?

Yes, UGG (apparently, officially pronounced Yew-Gee-Gee) is a trade mark owned by a US company but only in certain countries and not Australia. In Australia "ugg" is a generic term for sheepskin boots.

I've been converted by family here to these people: https://www.goldenrams.com.au/ . Properly Australian ugg boots made with Australian sheepskin locally in Sydney. They have a shop in Miranda Westfield, but the more "authentic" experience is to go to their factory shop in St Peters.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 30/08/2022 at 18:23, pob said:

I know where I am going on the weekend. The delux boot looks great!

Hello

Bit late now, since we are coming into warmer weather

But ozwearugg have a factory outlet in Rydalmere NSW 2116

You can get some great deals.

I brought some fabulous fur lined boots in June (see photo below) and they cost $99.00 in a sale.

Been great all over winter for walking and keeping feet warm

I saw the exact same boots in a Chatswood Ugg store yesterday, and they were $400.00

They have a wide range of slippers there too - but to get the cheap prices you have to visit the factory outlet

Boot.jpg