Moving to WA from QLD

BobHatton

Well folks, after nearly 20 years in Queensland, as we've now retired, we're looking at moving over to WA. The humidity in QLD is a killer for us now and we've visited the Perth area a few times and loved it. We're looking to buy in the following areas but haven't decided where yet?

Manudurah Area (Falcon, Dawesville, Wannanup, Lakelands, Meadow Springs)

Pinjarra Area (inc Ravenswood and South Yunderup)

Bunbury Area (Binningup, Australind, Eaton, College Grove, Dalyellup)

As mentioned we're newly retired couple with a fur baby. We enjoy beaches, countryside, golf, restaurants and cafes.

If anybody has any comments on these areas or indeed lives in these areas then any feedback is appreciated. Looking to move over VERY soon!

We lived in Dawesville for 8 years and would rate it very highly. We were on the golf course and it is very good for the beach and the beach is excellent and the only one in the area that is patrolled. The golf club has a nice little bar to sit out and things. 

Pinjarra is a very different feel. More country feel. Personally I liked it, though it does have some social problems. 

A lot of social issues in both Bunbury and Mandurah. Some term it Methdarah due to the amount of the drug meth. (ice)  Good points are the train to Perth. Close to beaches and easy to get further south which has some of the most attractive destinations within the state. 

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Wannanup, @VERYSTORMY Falcon Bay is also patrolled these days. I'd highly recommend the area. Methdurah makes me laugh when I'm informed there's more issues in Rockingham and Kwinana than Mandurah. Being south Mandurah has the benefit of being a bit closer to the South West but consequently a bit further from Perth. Beaches are beautiful and quiet bar where there are a few coffee/cafe amenities, there's a bit more activity there. I prefer south Mandurah to the northern suburbs as it's a bit quieter, depends what you are looking for I guess.