Netflix, Prime, Disney channel info

emmajane0429

Moving to Perth in September. So currently we pay a monthly fee for Netflix and prime and have free Disney channel for a year that we got when signing up to a mobile provider. 

This may seem like a stupid question but will any of this work in Perth? Or do we need to sign up to new accounts when we get there? 

Traveling or moving with Netflix

While Netflix is primarily meant to be used in the country where you established your account, it can be accessed in over 190 countries around the world.

If you're temporarily traveling, or moving within your current country or to a new one, here are a few things to keep in mind.

If you are moving to a new country where Netflix is available, there are a few things to be aware of:

• Monthly price, billing currency, and available payment methods vary by country.

• You will continue to be charged the Netflix plan price in the currency of the country you signed up in.

• If you wish to change this to match the country you moved to:

• Cancel your account

NOTE:

We save your Viewing Activity for 10 months after your account closes, so you can pick up where you left off when you rejoin. Your recommendations, ratings, and account details will also be saved for 10 months.
      • Wait until the end of your billing period

• Restart your account (Note: you must be in the country you moved to at the time you restart your account)

• Your selection of TV shows and movies may change. Your choices for streaming and downloading will vary from country to country.

• Audio and subtitle options may change.

• Maturity ratings are different by country. Your parental control settings may need to be updated.

• If you wish to update the maturity ratings on your profile to match those in the country you moved to, cancel and restart your account in your new country.

• If your account was set up with age verification, cancel and restart your account in your new country.

• If you receive the Now on Netflix emails and move to a new country, the email will still show TV shows and movies for the country you signed up in. You can unsubscribe from it from your Communications settings.

If you are moving to a geographic location where Netflix isn't available, you may cancel your Account.

Unless you’ve recently moved, you cannot change the country for your account.  

For troubleshooting questions, visit Netflix thinks I’m in a different country.

Can I watch Disney+ when I am travelling abroad?

When you are travelling overseas, you can watch any downloaded content in offline mode. If you are overseas and online where Disney+ is available, you will be able to stream content that is available in that region. When you travel, you will be logged into the Disney+ service available in the country where you are travelling (for example, if you are an Australian customer and you travel to the United States, you will access the United States service while travelling).

Access while travelling is subject to:

1. the Disney+ service being available in the country where you are travelling; and
  2. data limits, roaming charges and other travel-related charges that may be applicable on your computer or mobile device. 

Content downloaded to your device will be accessible regardless of which country you are travelling in, however access may be subject to data limits, roaming charges and other travel-related charges that may be applicable on your computer or mobile device.

Can I Watch Prime Video If I Travel Abroad?

Amazon Prime members are able to stream selected Amazon Originals titles while outside of their home country.

Outside of your home country, a reduced selection of Prime Video titles is available to stream. A selection marked "Watch While Abroad" shows the available titles.

If you have a compatible device, you’re able to download titles before you travel in order to watch offline anywhere in the world.

Change your Amazon Account Country

If you are eligible to purchase digital content from another country, you can transfer your qualifying digital purchases to your Amazon account in that country.

To transfer your Amazon account to another country or region, go to: Manage Your Content and Devices

Transferring your Amazon account to another country or region transfers your digital content to the new account. It also allows you to purchase content from the Kindle Store in your local currency.

You can transfer your account to the previous country or region at any time as long as you have an active billing address for that country.

GUID-2AB9366C-0568-49B0-8DB7-51E201CBF41Important: If you create a new Amazon account instead of transferring the existing account, purchases won't be shared between the accounts. You’ll have separate login credentials for each account.

GUID-33D6210F-1F03-49D2-A3B2-1278A7AC547Note: It’s not possible to transfer an Amazon.co.jp or Amazon.cn account to another country or region.

To transfer your account from your existing country to another:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices and click Preferences.
  2. Click Change under Country Settings.
  3. Select or enter your address, and click Update.
  4. If you are eligible to purchase digital content from another country, follow the on-screen prompts to learn more about what will happen if you transfer your Amazon account.
  5. When you’re ready, select the option to transfer your account to complete the process.

You can reverse your transfer by redoing the steps above.

9 hours ago, DrDougster said:

Yes they will work. There will be some differences as Ken has highlighted.

I've never changed any settings. Prime does some funny things. We have a VPN that's useful when things are georestricted and gets around the issues.

Prime won't let me use a VPN, whenever I log on with a VPN they know and it won't connect to Prime Video. This is a fairly recent occurrence though and even if I use an Australian VPN site even though I am in Australia, it doesn't work.

59 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Prime won't let me use a VPN, whenever I log on with a VPN they know and it won't connect to Prime Video. This is a fairly recent occurrence though and even if I use an Australian VPN site even though I am in Australia, it doesn't work.

All VPNs are not created equal - probably depends on which you use with which browser.

On 23/07/2022 at 14:31, Parley said:

How do you set up VPN on your smart TV though?

Easy enough on a computer. but i now watch streaming on my LG OLED.

You're currently in one window and BBC iPlayer is in another. Bluetooth keyboard on top of work laptop on my lap and mouse by my side. (This is getting a bit "tell me what you're wearing"!)