NSW 190 COVID EXTENSION

Hi there my wife and myself were granted 190 visas for NSW in May 2019, we activated them in the December of 2019 while on a four week  holiday.we returned to Scotland and began to set in motion our move.Covid strikes and all is thrown into chaos.forward to now,again we are making our plans to move,however have lost two years of our five COVID travel bans.is there any recompense in time for our lost two years,Ur extension to our visa end date.thanks for taking time to read this hope it makes sense.

Cheers Gary 😁

23 minutes ago, Biggashm said:

Hi there my wife and myself were granted 190 visas for NSW in May 2019, we activated them in the December of 2019 while on a four week  holiday.we returned to Scotland and began to set in motion our move.Covid strikes and all is thrown into chaos.forward to now,again we are making our plans to move,however have lost two years of our five COVID travel bans.is there any recompense in time for our lost two years

No, there is no extension on the end of the five years, so you'll need to arrive before the date stated.  Once you're here and settled, it's not going to matter anyway.  All you need to do, when you get to the end of the period, is to apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV).  If you've got a home and jobs in Australia, you'll get a renewal automatically for another five years, and then during that time you'll apply for your citizenship.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

If you've got a home and jobs in Australia, you'll get a renewal automatically for another five years, and then during that time you'll apply for your citizenship.

… if they have spent 2 years in Australia in the previous 5, they will get the automatic 5 year grant, so on their timeline, there may be a period when they need a one year RRV … 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

No, there is no extension on the end of the five years, so you'll need to arrive before the date stated.  Once you're here and settled, it's not going to matter anyway.  All you need to do, when you get to the end of the period, is to apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV).  If you've got a home and jobs in Australia, you'll get a renewal automatically for another five years, and then during that time you'll apply for your citizenship.

Thanks for your reply,we won't be able to meet the two year requirement due to covid.thats what were concerned about.

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

… if they have spent 2 years in Australia in the previous 5, they will get the automatic 5 year grant, so on their timeline, there may be a period when they need a one year RRV … 

Could you please explain that.as I say we will not meet the 2 year.thanks Gary 

1 minute ago, Biggashm said:

Thanks for your reply,we won't be able to meet the two year requirement due to covid.thats what were concerned about.

Provided you are already settled in Australia with a home(leases or bought), a job, bank accounts etc, you’ll get at least a one year RRV, then the next time you’ll get a full one.,

Also remember you only need a RRV if you need to go overseas (because it allows you back into the country). You don’t need it to live here

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Provided you are already settled in Australia with a home(leases or bought), a job, bank accounts etc, you’ll get at least a one year RRV, then the next time you’ll get a full one.,

Also remember you only need a RRV if you need to go overseas (because it allows you back into the country). You don’t need it to live here

Cheers for your help.👍😁

7 hours ago, Biggashm said:

I don't think that is correct. You got a grant in May 2019, so the expiry of you travel portion is May 2024.

The borders were fully open to PR holders in February this year (we know that is when we came over) which would have given 2 years and 4 months on shore if you'd come then.

So what you mean to say is we haven't done our 2 years on shore because we failed to make decisions that enabled that, not because of COVID.

I wish people would stop using COVID as an excuse to cover up their own decisions 

• Like 1

On 21/07/2022 at 09:55, Biggashm said:

Hi there my wife and myself were granted 190 visas for NSW in May 2019, we activated them in the December of 2019 while on a four week  holiday.we returned to Scotland and began to set in motion our move.Covid strikes and all is thrown into chaos.forward to now,again we are making our plans to move,however have lost two years of our five COVID travel bans.is there any recompense in time for our lost two years,Ur extension to our visa end date.thanks for taking time to read this hope it makes sense.

Cheers Gary 😁

You just need to be in Australia before the travel facility expires. If the travel facility expires while you are in Australia, you are still a Permeant Resident. The issue then becomes obtaining a new travel facility (RRV) if you wish to travel. 

• Like 2

On 26/07/2022 at 06:55, Raul Senise said:

You just need to be in Australia before the travel facility expires. If the travel facility expires while you are in Australia, you are still a Permeant Resident. The issue then becomes obtaining a new travel facility (RRV) if you wish to travel. 

Thank you.