Hold 190 Visa can change 186 visa?

Johnny Chan

I got the TAS 190 visa on the early 2022 and I got a job which can sponsor me the 186 in NSW. Can I apply 186 visa or I need to cancel my current 190 visa first? And My 186 visa is not approved, the result will affect my current 190 visa? Anyone have such experience can share? Thanks for everyone. 

15 hours ago, Johnny Chan said:

I got the TAS 190 visa on the early 2022 and I got a job which can sponsor me the 186 in NSW. Can I apply 186 visa or I need to cancel my current 190 visa first? And My 186 visa is not approved, the result will affect my current 190 visa? Anyone have such experience can share? Thanks for everyone. 

If I was you I would stay in Tassie until the end of your required residence period for the 190 (I think it's 2 years but don't quote me on it). Is it worth going through the uncertainty of losing your current visa to move to NSW now? @paulhand is one of the highly recommended agents on the forum. I would suggest getting in touch with him.

54 minutes ago, JMcKie said:

If I was you I would stay in Tassie until the end of your required residence period for the 190 (I think it's 2 years but don't quote me on it). Is it worth going through the uncertainty of losing your current visa to move to NSW now? @paulhand is one of the highly recommended agents on the forum. I would suggest getting in touch with him.

Actually, I knew people got the TAS190 and after than also got the 189. And his Visa 190 was replaced by Visa 189. 

1 hour ago, JMcKie said:

And I am still living in HK and I have not landed in TAS or NSW. I will get the 186 approval before I move to NSW. So do you think that it is also safe/possible?

25 minutes ago, Johnny Chan said:

And I am still living in HK and I have not landed in TAS or NSW. I will get the 186 approval before I move to NSW. So do you think that it is also safe/possible?

If you have not landed in Australia then you have not activated your visa.  If you do not activate your visa, it will lapse anyway.

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

If you have not landed in Australia then you have not activated your visa.  If you do not activate your visa, it will lapse anyway.

Then if I landed in Australia somewhere else first, I cannot apply 186 becasue I had already hold 190 and landed? 

32 minutes ago, Johnny Chan said:

Then if I landed in Australia somewhere else first, I cannot apply 186 becasue I had already hold 190 and landed? 

No, there is nothing to stop you applying for a 186.  But you would be wise to land in Australia to activate your 190 visa, otherwise you will lose it.

14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

No, there is nothing to stop you applying for a 186.  But you would be wise to land in Australia to activate your 190 visa, otherwise you will lose it.

Understand. Yes, it is a first entry date in my visa letter. Thanks you for your reminder. 👍