Sending funds from UK with Globalreach

emmajane0429

They seem legit enough, but I can't see why you'd waste your time with them when services like Wise money transfer exist and give near perfect exchange fees without having to email for a quote.

Whilst the company you quote say they've helped 30,000 people move money abroad, Wise do this sort of number in a day so have a lot more experience.

If Wise wasn't effectively market rates with a tiny service fee I might be tempted to look around but honestly unless you are talking millions of pounds being moved, the difference is likely to be miniscule

• 1 month later...

I have always used Wise to transfer between UK and Aus. and found their rate to be the best. I always compare beforehand. However I read (somewhere) that Wise are less advantageous when transferring large amounts such as the proceeds from our forthcoming property sale. A comparison shows TorFx are better. 

I agree it's a pain having to request a quote from Global Reach as when I did this (and from various other companies) in the past I was bombarded by salesmen but will need to compare as they're not included in comparison websites and the difference in receipt amounts is enormous on large sums.