Visa application submitted 3 mins late

Hi,

Our agent submitted our visa application for a 491 SA yesterday.

Our EOI invite linked to this and therefore the deadline, expired at midnight (Australian time) 28/6/22 - Which was yesterday afternoon here in UK.

Our application was submitted at 00:03 on 29/6/22

Our agent doesn't think this will be a problem. We are obviously very worried.

Anyone experienced or heard of this happening before?

The agent was obviously cutting it very fine in any case but it would of gone through before midnight ozzy time had Barclays not kept blocking my payment for the visas which obviously eventually went through but took us to 3 mins past midnight.

Please advise!

Thanks 

If your agent has been doing this for a while and is comfortable leaving the submission to the last day, I doubt this is the first time he has run over by a short amount, so he probably has more experience of whether it is an issue or not than anyone else 

Hope he's correct as it will save you a lot of worrying 

4 hours ago, Bluey128 said:

Hi,

Our agent submitted our visa application for a 491 SA yesterday.

Our EOI invite linked to this and therefore the deadline, expired at midnight (Australian time) 28/6/22 - Which was yesterday afternoon here in UK.

Our application was submitted at 00:03 on 29/6/22

Our agent doesn't think this will be a problem. We are obviously very worried.

Anyone experienced or heard of this happening before?

The agent was obviously cutting it very fine in any case but it would of gone through before midnight ozzy time had Barclays not kept blocking my payment for the visas which obviously eventually went through but took us to 3 mins past midnight.

Please advise!

Thanks 

Can I ask who is your agent?

10 hours ago, Phil1712 said:

I wouldn't worry Wes is very experienced 

It's not Wes. It's another lady who's lovely but the application was left till the deadline day and subsequently went in 3 minutes late. Just very worried they are going to reject it.

37 minutes ago, Bluey128 said:

It's not Wes. It's another lady who's lovely but the application was left till the deadline day and subsequently went in 3 minutes late. Just very worried they are going to reject it.

Duc have a very reputable reputation so I'm sure it will be fine 

3 hours ago, mrsmac said:

Usually when an application has been successfully lodged, a receipt is generated for the payment. Maybe just ask the DUC for a copy of the DOHA receipt and it might help put your mind at rest. 

Thank you,

We've had something like that from DOHO to acknowledge our application 

From many years of experience, this is exactly why most agents request the VAC is paid in advance so as to avert scenarios like this. Banks have systems set up to red flag payments initiated offshore and/or which trigger certain parameters. While your agent may be physically in the UK, it depends on where their bank accounts are domiciled. Technically the application would be invalid if not made by the stated deadline. Fingers crossed, it goes through. Best of luck

• Like 1

Dr Abul Rizvi is an Independent Australia columnist and former Deputy Secretary of the Department of Immigration. He was awarded the Public Service Medal and the Centenary Medal for services to the development and implementation of immigration policy, including in particular the reshaping of Australia’s intake to focus on skilled migration. 

https://independentaustralia.net/profile-on/abul-rizvi,975

I recently heard the good Dr complaining that the culture of the immigration department that  involves delegates searching for any minor discrepancy so they can refuse applications, must change.  He was not in favour of GTE either - The biter bit, you might think. The following appears on my website, and on all my service agreements:

WARNING

The OMARA is an essentially useless office that is part of the Department of Home Affairs and I have told them so repeatedly. With the stroke of a pen the minister can terminate them all as easily as s/he can terminate a perfectly valid visa application. The OMARA can do nothing about unregistered agents overseas or parliamentarians or Department of Home Affairs officers who give, often incorrect, migration advice in Australia, or education agents who give catastrophically incorrect migration advice under the table. About all the OMARA can do, having received a complaint, is haul a registered migration agent over the coals - after the event. They cannot order repayment of money lost. They can do nothing when the minister (The Terminator) changes the rules in the middle of the game or one of his delegates or ‘designated authorities’ bungles your case. By the way, the ‘average fee’ misinformation published by the OMARA is just that.

I am not in favour prospective applicants having to pay thousands of dollars, sometimes many thousands, to buy a ticket in the 'invitation' lottery and I am less in favour of having a functionally illiterate clown (performer in a circus) stuffing up a visa application and having clients (if and only if the refusal is reviewable on the merits) pay more thousands for the AAT (that is infested by LNP hacks) to stuff around for a few more years.They stuff up and their victim pays. If you win in the AAT, and I have won all mine, except one, you get half the filing fee refunded. If, having established financial hardship, you have paid a half fee, you have the other half refunded. 

Given the time constraints for lodging an AAT application, and the glacial processing of FoI requests, it is often necessary to lodge a 'bald' review application without having all the facts of a case and being able to assess the prospects of success. In only one AAT case  I have managed was I the RMA who lodged the original application. I won that one.

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Bluey128 said:

Just wanted to update you all that the DOHO finally got back back to us via our agent and have deemed our visa application invalid due to it being submitted 3 minutes late and therefore the date after the EOI expired.

I hope the agent refunded your fee

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I hope the agent refunded your fee

Do you mean the visa application fee? She said DOHO will return it to us in due course.

The agency fee, we were due to pay £600 for the visa application part which we didn't pay anyway due to it being up in the air. They are going to put fresh EOI's in for us free of charge and then conver any state nomination fees too.

On 01/08/2022 at 07:17, Cobs_Ahoy said:

Oh I’m gutted for you @Bluey128 that must be beyond frustrating. Have you checked whether it will impact on getting state nomination in the next round? I know each of the states have different rules  about a waiting period before they will nominate applicants for a second time. 

Oh my god I hadn't even heard of this 😞

I'll have to ask the agent about it.

Yeah we're just horrified that it happened and feel so let down. 

You are going to SA right? I just had a quick look on https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/supporting-information/state-nomination-requirements

if you scroll down to 9.13 they talk about this, looks like you might be in luck if your last nomination was in the 21/22 year as you would be eligible for nomination again now we are in the 22/23 year (at least that’s how I’ve read it). Fingers crossed for you, hope your agent can reassure you and the next round happens soon. 

11 hours ago, Cobs_Ahoy said:

You are going to SA right? I just had a quick look on https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/supporting-information/state-nomination-requirements

if you scroll down to 9.13 they talk about this, looks like you might be in luck if your last nomination was in the 21/22 year as you would be eligible for nomination again now we are in the 22/23 year (at least that’s how I’ve read it). Fingers crossed for you, hope your agent can reassure you and the next round happens soon. 

Ah thank you for checking that for me, that's really kind. I'm useless at finding these things out myself. Yeah we want SA or QLD. Our agent is also saying to apply for a 190 for other states and just move to the one you want but I'm a bit worried about this!

1 hour ago, Bluey128 said:

Our agent is also saying to apply for a 190 for other states and just move to the one you want but I'm a bit worried about this!

I'm beginning to worry about your agent, because I've seen other people say you must choose one state and stick to it.  If you apply to multiple states, you're making it really obvious you're not committed to one state so you're more likely not to fulfil your obligations.  So they'll all ignore you.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I'm beginning to worry about your agent, because I've seen other people say you must choose one state and stick to it.  If you apply to multiple states, you're making it really obvious you're not committed to one state so you're more likely not to fulfil your obligations.  So they'll all ignore you.

I had an initial consultation with DUC yesterday and when I mentioned that I was interested in WA or SA, ideally WA but VISA options pretty much non existent there, the response was apply for SA as you will get the VISA but as its a moral obligation and not a legal obligation to reside there you can just go to WA.

As there is a chance of the visa being a 491 and therefore a need to convert to PR I'd be a bit nervous on taking this course of action

• Like 1