sualg

New citizen question

Hi All, 

Had my ceremony on at Belrose on the Sydney Northern beaches a couple of weeks ago. Can’t thank you all enough for the advice and support on my  5 year journey via PR to citizen.

I don’t have an Australian Passport yet just my UK passport (although I will apply for an Australian Passport in due course). I have to travel to NZ in August on my UK passport, I presume my citizenship will show up on the border control computers when I land back in Sydney or do I need to undertake any other steps?

54 minutes ago, sualg said:

I have to travel to NZ in August on my UK passport, I presume my citizenship will show up on the border control computers when I land back in Sydney or do I need to undertake any other steps?

You need to get an Australian passport as Aussie citizens cannot travel in and out of Australia on a foreign passport. As an Australian citizen you no longer have a visa in your UK passport. Yes, your details will be in the systems, but expect an amount of hassle in both directions if you haven't sorted out the passport.

• Like 1

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.