Returning to Australia

DaveM27

Hello! First post here,  so hopefully I am doing it correctly!

My family lived in Australia for 5 years, but moved back to the uk 13 years ago. I am an Australian ciziten, as is my teenage daughter. Both duel, UK. My wife had a spouse visa, but never got citizenship. We are now looking to return to Australia. Does anyone know if he has any returning rights under her old visa, or would we need to go though the full process again? Spous visa, I assume?

thanks for any help!

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

She should apply for a RRV (Resident Return Visa), citing you and your daughter as " strong ties to Australia".   

Agreed … but depending on the OP’s travel/visa history she may need to demonstrate compelling reasons for absence and/or make an application in Australia. Some more details needed.

Thanks for the replies. We haven’t been back to Australia since returning, mainly due to elderly parents. I also still have my brother who lives there. Not sure how import it is, but me and my daughters citizenship is from both being born in Oz.

10 hours ago, DaveM27 said:

Thanks for that. So if they believe the reasons we’re not compelling enough, would she need to go thorough the process of a new spouse visa or is there another way? She did hold permanent resident status once…

Yes, which is why your best bet is to hire Paul Hand (or a good agent like him) to help you put together an application that will push all the right buttons to get the RRV.