Bike licence

Shall88

Hi everyone I’m from the UK and I’m wanting to do my bike licence but I’m moving to Brisbane in September so I won’t have time to do it before I go! I was wondering if I could do my bike licence in Australia and get my full unrestricted licence over there even though I only have my full UK driving licence not a bike licence, I have a job sponsoring me if that’s helps any sort of answers would be great thank you!

No, as a new licence holder you have to get a restricted license and upgrade to an unrestricted after two years.  TBH the RE isn't massively restrictive; you can go up to around 650cc on quite a few four-bangers depending on power to weight.

Bear in mind that there's no such thing as the old CBT that the UK had when you were allowed to gain experience by yourself on the roads (I might be showing my age - is that still a thing?).  While learning you must be accompanied at all times by a supervisor.

12 hours ago, Shall88 said:

Hi everyone I’m from the UK and I’m wanting to do my bike licence but I’m moving to Brisbane in September so I won’t have time to do it before I go! I was wondering if I could do my bike licence in Australia and get my full unrestricted licence over there even though I only have my full UK driving licence not a bike licence, I have a job sponsoring me if that’s helps any sort of answers would be great thank you!

There are bikes specifically built for this restricted market, and some decent ones to boot. IIRC, the Triumph Trident is one of them. But you can also get restricted licence Street Triples.

Can you not do a compressed full licence course in the UK? Back in 2003 I did my full licence over a couple of weeks for about £800.

Give us a shout when you're in Brissy if you're up for a ride once you're sorted.

Thanks for the reply guys really helpful! I would do the full compressed course but I can’t get in anywhere until September which is obviously when I leave which is a bit annoying so that’s why I’m trying to find out if I can do my bike license over there even though I’m from England with a UK license I’d be happy with a restricted licence too! Okay so basically I can do my licence over there but it has to be restricted for 2 years then unrestricted after that is that right? 
thanks