Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all!! I’m just after some advise before I seek help from a migration agent. I’m currently studying early childhood education at Tafe and will finish next year with a diploma. I’m currently studying and working in an amazing daycare on the Sunshine Coast. If I’m wanting the best option of getting PR would I transfer to an area offering DAMA visa’s now and seek sponsorship or carry on here and apply for a 494 visa through my current employer?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kayleighjx said:

Thank you!!

Would you say move now then and take this route rather than waiting it out here and applying for 494 when the time comes?

Surely you have to wait until you've completed your studies?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband granted UK spouse visa March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

My new novel, A Dance With Danger, due out August 2022

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 494 is only available if you are a “Group Leader” in a registered child care environment. You will need a positive skills assessment from ACECQA and, of course, an employer willing to jump through all the 494 hoops. 


Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now