Student Visa to PR

Hi all!! I’m just after some advise before I seek help from a migration agent. I’m currently studying early childhood education at Tafe and will finish next year with a diploma. I’m currently studying and working in an amazing daycare on the Sunshine Coast. If I’m wanting the best option of getting PR would I transfer to an area offering DAMA visa’s now and seek sponsorship or carry on here and apply for a 494 visa through my current employer?

• 1 month later...
On 05/06/2022 at 17:13, paulhand said:

The 494 is only available if you are a “Group Leader” in a registered child care environment. You will need a positive skills assessment from ACECQA and, of course, an employer willing to jump through all the 494 hoops. 

Hi Paul so I’m a long time replying to this sorry, but I’m back to thinking about it again….

My current employer is happy to go down the 494 route when the time comes and I’m studying at Tafe here in Australia so the skills assessment shouldn’t be a problem but I’m now trying to work out the work experience side of it.

I will have worked here as an assistant for 1 year by the end of this year, 3 days a week.

At the end of this year my employer will change my position to room lead but as I’ll be studying my diploma I will still only be working 3 days a week.

After this I’ll go on the post grad visa and work full time as a room leader.

I know it’s 3 years experience full time as a room lead but I’m wondering if the year part time will count towards?

Any advice you can give will be much appreciated. 

I know there is always the DAMA route but I’d much rather stay where I am if at all possible.

Thank you