482 visa processing times

I applied for a 482 4 year visa in late February through a migration agent with a view to moving and starting my job in late April. My visa still hasn't arrived and I'm wondering if anyone else has also experienced delay in receiving this visa? And if so, how long they were waiting.

The DHA website timelines say 75% of applications are dealt with within 3 months and I am told by the migration agent that they can't provide any estimate beyond the processing times on the DHA website. My employer needed to apply to be a sponsor which may have delayed things but this was approved in April.

The only person I know who has also applied for this visa is a doctor and, while they applied after me, their visa has been granted.

I'm basically looking for some reassurance from others who have recently applied for this visa that it will arrive soon as I'm in limbo at the moment.

On 01/06/2022 at 14:22, Akins91 said:

I applied for a 482 4 year visa in late February through a migration agent with a view to moving and starting my job in late April. My visa still hasn't arrived and I'm wondering if anyone else has also experienced delay in receiving this visa? And if so, how long they were waiting.

The DHA website timelines say 75% of applications are dealt with within 3 months and I am told by the migration agent that they can't provide any estimate beyond the processing times on the DHA website. My employer needed to apply to be a sponsor which may have delayed things but this was approved in April.

The only person I know who has also applied for this visa is a doctor and, while they applied after me, their visa has been granted.

I'm basically looking for some reassurance from others who have recently applied for this visa that it will arrive soon as I'm in limbo at the moment.

It will depend on the occupation and whether the sponsor is an "accredited" sponsor.

Occupations on the priority list (such as Doctor) will be processed quickly.

Occupations on the Medium/Long term list will take anywhere from 3 to 6 months (for offshore applications).

Occupations on the short term list are given the lowest priority.

Current published processing times for a subclass 482 visa are anywhere between 1 to 15 moths. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, jameserob said:

They’re taking ages. My 482 renewal was lodged in February and the nomination had already been lodged prior. My agent told me she has people who have been waiting 18 months. She said wait time seems to be between 8 - 18 months.

Oh no!

My cat is booked to go out in August so hopefully it won't come to that long to wait.

Hope you get your renewal soon!