UK drainer re Western Australia licensing

wildbriz

Hi, 

It might be a long shot but I hope someone can help. My son in the UK has been a drainer for over seven years. He is an Australian citizen and wants to move to Perth. From what I understand the rules are very different here in Perth. He is self employed and needs to find out what is required to get a license as a drainer. Is there a specific licence for a drainer and can he work independently or does he have to work under a fully licensed plumber? If under a plumber cn he advertise and contract his services to plumbers? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Richard 

10 hours ago, wildbriz said:

Hi, 

It might be a long shot but I hope someone can help. My son in the UK has been a drainer for over seven years. He is an Australian citizen and wants to move to Perth. From what I understand the rules are very different here in Perth. He is self employed and needs to find out what is required to get a license as a drainer. Is there a specific licence for a drainer and can he work independently or does he have to work under a fully licensed plumber? If under a plumber cn he advertise and contract his services to plumbers? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Richard 

Hi Richard

Have a read through this link as the rules are variable State to State and this link is specific to WA 

https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/building-and-energy/tradespersons-drainage-plumbing-licence

Cal x