482 visa cancelled when 417 visa granted

fiinneed

Any advice or help is welcomed please!

My partner was offered a job in Australia with a Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482) visa. We weren't sure if I could go on his visa so I applied for a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417). Since I applied for this, my partner's job advised us I could be placed on his 482 visa, so we added me on via the de-facto relationship pathway. This visa is longer term and has no working restrictions. 

I didn't realise I had to cancel my application for the 417 visa, and our 482 visa came through. 2 weeks later my 417 visa came through. I have just found out that this means my 482 visa (which was a lot more expensive and has less working restrictions/last's longer) was automatically cancelled. 

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Is there anything I can do to be able to get my 482 visa back? 

Thank you in advance! 

To be clear, because semantics is important here, the 482 wasn’t ‘cancelled’ it ‘ceased’ when the WHV was granted.  

You may have a couple of options to try, but as mentioned above, you should get some professional help to try and sort this out. It is too detailed for a forum post.