davek300

Partner Visa request for more information

After applying for the partner visa on 27th January 2022, we yesterday received a request for more information, with just one bullet point on the checklist as below:

• Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner Please provide further evidence of your relationship from January 2022 to present, in order to show that you are in a continuing and ongoing relationship. Please refer to the information below on the types of evidence you can provide. Please ensure to provide multiple forms of evidence within the timeframe listed above, which addresses all four aspects of the relationship.

I suppose this is good to not have more things requested but I am wondering what is sufficient to satisfy this request. I am planning to just write a statement (of course with evidence such as a new lease we just signed, photos with friends, financial statement) and have us both sign it. 

For any experts out there, please can you advise if that is likely to be enough?

Thank you

1. Photos together

2. Financial evidence (Shared bank account)

3. Stat dec

4. Phone call/chat communications

• Like 1

• Applied Stage 1 309 on 8th May 2020
  • Update Status June 2020
  • Update Status October 2020
  • RFI 19th Nov 2020
  • Update Status Nov 2020 
  • Supplied National Police Check (Sponsor) + Health Docs 26th Nov 2020
  • Stage 1 309 Granted 30th Nov 2020 
  • Arrived Melbourne 13th July 2021
  • Applied Stage 2 100 on 28th April 2022

I would just upload photos and any joint bank statements as @psuwara mentioned. I wouldn't say a stat dec and communications are required. @paulhand could verify this for you.

• Like 1

• Applied for 309: 27th May 2020
  • RFI from Berlin office for Medical & Police Checks: 7th November 2020
  • Medical Uploaded: 15th November 2020
  • UK Police Check Uploaded: 21st November 2020
  • AUS Police Check Uploaded: 27th November 2020
  • 309 Granted: 1st December 2020
  • Arrived in Sydney: 2nd March 2021
  • Applied for 100: 27th May 2022

56 minutes ago, JMcKie said:

I would just upload photos and any joint bank statements as @psuwara mentioned. I wouldn't say a stat dec and communications are required. @paulhand could verify this for you.

....plus the new lease document, which will be strong evidence.

• Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband granted UK spouse visa March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

My new novel, A Dance With Danger, is due out August 2022

Thanks to all for your replies. I think I am on the right track, just wonder do I really need to do this as a stat dec (i.e. go and get it witnessed by a JP) or is that not necessary given all the info already supplied in the application and the seemingly minor request for more information I have received?

3 hours ago, davek300 said:

Thanks to all for your replies. I think I am on the right track, just wonder do I really need to do this as a stat dec (i.e. go and get it witnessed by a JP) or is that not necessary given all the info already supplied in the application and the seemingly minor request for more information I have received?

The stat dec is separate from any documents you provide.  I can't see the need for one.   

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband granted UK spouse visa March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

My new novel, A Dance With Danger, is due out August 2022

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

The stat dec is separate from any documents you provide.  I can't see the need for one.   

In our case, we live with my father at his place, and only board here, not official rental. So we had my father do a stat dec for this reason. I also did a stat dec, because, why not more evidence?

• Applied Stage 1 309 on 8th May 2020
  • Update Status June 2020
  • Update Status October 2020
  • RFI 19th Nov 2020
  • Update Status Nov 2020 
  • Supplied National Police Check (Sponsor) + Health Docs 26th Nov 2020
  • Stage 1 309 Granted 30th Nov 2020 
  • Arrived Melbourne 13th July 2021
  • Applied Stage 2 100 on 28th April 2022

Is anybody aware how long it takes after submitting the request for more information until the case officer will then make their further assessment? Thanks in advance

Make sure you have pressed the "I confirm I have submitted the information as requested" button at the bottom of the upload page and then sit back and wait.  Turnaround times are completely unpredictable in most cases.

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.