Partner Visa request for more information

davek300

After applying for the partner visa on 27th January 2022, we yesterday received a request for more information, with just one bullet point on the checklist as below:

• Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner Please provide further evidence of your relationship from January 2022 to present, in order to show that you are in a continuing and ongoing relationship. Please refer to the information below on the types of evidence you can provide. Please ensure to provide multiple forms of evidence within the timeframe listed above, which addresses all four aspects of the relationship.

I suppose this is good to not have more things requested but I am wondering what is sufficient to satisfy this request. I am planning to just write a statement (of course with evidence such as a new lease we just signed, photos with friends, financial statement) and have us both sign it. 

For any experts out there, please can you advise if that is likely to be enough?

Thank you

Thanks to all for your replies. I think I am on the right track, just wonder do I really need to do this as a stat dec (i.e. go and get it witnessed by a JP) or is that not necessary given all the info already supplied in the application and the seemingly minor request for more information I have received?

3 hours ago, davek300 said:

Thanks to all for your replies. I think I am on the right track, just wonder do I really need to do this as a stat dec (i.e. go and get it witnessed by a JP) or is that not necessary given all the info already supplied in the application and the seemingly minor request for more information I have received?

The stat dec is separate from any documents you provide.  I can't see the need for one.   

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

The stat dec is separate from any documents you provide.  I can't see the need for one.   

In our case, we live with my father at his place, and only board here, not official rental. So we had my father do a stat dec for this reason. I also did a stat dec, because, why not more evidence?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

By way of update we are still waiting for this visa to be granted, and the status has shown "Further assessment" ever since we uploaded the docs and clicked the "I confirm I have submitted the information as requested" button. I was thinking of adding a new update since almost 3 months have passed but I am wondering - is this beneficial or necessary? 

Would anybody happen to know if waiting times for partner visas have increased? I was thinking it could be a logical reason that they have since the borders have re-opened so presumably lots of others seeking various different visa types are now applying again.

Is there any reason to be concerned with what is starting to feel like quite a long waiting time?

On 07/08/2022 at 11:12, davek300 said:

By way of update we are still waiting for this visa to be granted, and the status has shown "Further assessment" ever since we uploaded the docs and clicked the "I confirm I have submitted the information as requested" button. I was thinking of adding a new update since almost 3 months have passed but I am wondering - is this beneficial or necessary? 

Would anybody happen to know if waiting times for partner visas have increased? I was thinking it could be a logical reason that they have since the borders have re-opened so presumably lots of others seeking various different visa types are now applying again.

Is there any reason to be concerned with what is starting to feel like quite a long waiting time?

I have a friend who has recently submitted their medical for the 820 visa and they're in a similar situation. My 100 application went in a few months ago as well. You just have to wait unfortunately, but I feel your pain. @paulhand could verify if he has noticed whether things have slowed down.

On 07/08/2022 at 20:23, JMcKie said:

I have a friend who has recently submitted their medical for the 820 visa and they're in a similar situation. My 100 application went in a few months ago as well. You just have to wait unfortunately, but I feel your pain. @paulhand could verify if he has noticed whether things have slowed down.

My sense is that offshore applications have slowed in some cases, particularly if they are not 100% decision ready.