Expired travel on subclass BS / 801

Hi everyone hoping you lovely people can give me some direction on what to do. My husband and I lived in Australia for 8 years and we decided to return to UK due to family circumstances in 2019.

My husband got his citizenship before we left and I am a permanent resident. My VIVO states must not arrive after 19th January 2022 this year and looks like RRV window may have closed for me 7th May 2022 

We wanted to return  sooner but couldn’t due to COVID!

Just looking for what I need to do to reactivate the travel element of my PR. My visa is class / subclass BS / 801 and the immi site doesn’t seem to have advice on this visa type expiring and RRV seems to be for subclass 155 & 157. 

Also although my husband got citizenship he didn’t apply for passport prior to leaving so will he need a RRV too or just get his passport from London consulate. 

Much appreciated 
TIA 

On 08/05/2022 at 21:33, Puddle Duck said:

Hi everyone hoping you lovely people can give me some direction on what to do. My husband and I lived in Australia for 8 years and we decided to return to UK due to family circumstances in 2019.

My husband got his citizenship before we left and I am a permanent resident. My VIVO states must not arrive after 19th January 2022 this year and looks like RRV window may have closed for me 7th May 2022 

We wanted to return  sooner but couldn’t due to COVID!

Just looking for what I need to do to reactivate the travel element of my PR. My visa is class / subclass BS / 801 and the immi site doesn’t seem to have advice on this visa type expiring and RRV seems to be for subclass 155 & 157. 

Also although my husband got citizenship he didn’t apply for passport prior to leaving so will he need a RRV too or just get his passport from London consulate. 

Much appreciated 
TIA 

On 08/05/2022 at 21:40, Puddle Duck said:

Thank you so much… appreciated 

Your husband will not be able to get an RRV as he no longer has a visa for PR . 

On 10/05/2022 at 20:21, steveshe said:

Your husband will not be able to get an RRV as he no longer has a visa for PR . 

Good catch, yes the OP husband is no longer a permanent resident he is a citizen therefore he isn't entitled to a RRV as he has free movement already based on his Australian citizenship.

However that requires entering and leaving Australia on an AUS passport. 

This also means he technically left illegally last time he flew out of AUS as he was a citizen and should have travelled on an AUS passport - I suspect it isn't an issue but maybe one of the MARA crew could comment?