How bad is the rental crisis at the moment? I'm hearing absolute horror stories about lots of families being homeless and it taking months to find accommodation.

We're hoping to be over in Adelaide around September and now I'm getting worried we won't find anywhere to live.

18 minutes ago, Daffyduck said:

How bad is the rental crisis at the moment? I'm hearing absolute horror stories about lots of families being homeless and it taking months to find accommodation.

We're hoping to be over in Adelaide around September and now I'm getting worried we won't find anywhere to live.

@Lavers is a fairly recent migrant to Adelaide.  Hopefully he can give you an idea of the current rental situation in Adelaide. 

2 hours ago, Daffyduck said:

Hiya

There are alot less properties up for rent due to people deciding to sell up as prices have gone through the roof.

Some of our friends got kicked out of there rental but have managed to find another one.

The rentals in the zones for the best public schools will be the hardest to get.

If you haven't got kids or are going private then this won't be an issue.

I'm sure you'll find something but worse case it may not be quite what you want.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Hiya

There are alot less properties up for rent due to people deciding to sell up as prices have gone through the roof.

Some of our friends got kicked out of there rental but have managed to find another one.

The rentals in the zones for the best public schools will be the hardest to get.

If you haven't got kids or are going private then this won't be an issue.

I'm sure you'll find something but worse case it may not be quite what you want.

Thanks very much, that's put me at ease a bit! 

We're not too fussed where we end up with the rental. Plan is to rent for a year to find out where we want to buy.