Names of non-migrating members of the family unit

Aditya

Hi everyone

I have a question for my friend because she is not good at English.

She has some confusion when filling family name and given names for non-migrating members of the family unit in visa application (eg. in Part D of form 47SP, Part G of form 47of) because the forms do not ask about other names for these family members. Family members such as siblings who got married and have new family name of spouse or have officially changed their name and have certificate of name change.

She intends to follow one of 2 below options and she hopes to hear advice and experience from Bros (eg. what are advantages and disadvantages of these 2 options)

1. Filling their new and current names (if known)

2. Filling all with birth names (same family names) to confirm family association.

Thanks everyone so much for your time.

1 hour ago, psuwara said:

We used current names, as the forms ask for relationship to the VISA applicant.

Thanks for your reply. In case she does not know her siblings' current names. Are birth names good ones to fill in form?

On 13/05/2022 at 17:26, Aditya said:

Thanks for your reply. In case she does not know her siblings' current names. Are birth names good ones to fill in form?

I don't know. I believe it would be important if they do further checks and the names have changed. So best to find out their new names.

A married siblings are not part of the family unit so should not be entered in this section. They should be entered in "other family members". Populating in the family unit section will mean they are asked to provide documents for these people when the application is paid for.

Edited by JetBlast
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, JetBlast said:

A married siblings are not part of the family unit so should not be entered in this section. They should be entered in "other family members". Populating in the family unit section will mean they are asked to provide documents for these people when the application is paid for.

Thanks for your information