Sippy Downs or Bli Bli to live?

coples

Now as we widening our options to buy a property in Sunshine Coast, we thinking about Sippy Downs and Bli Bli areas as we saw a lot of good houses in those suburbs, the problem is, someone once told me to avoid Sippy Downs. Just would like to hear any pros and cons about these suburbs and which one is better to live in. We have 2 children 10 and 8 yo. We still also keep looking in Peregian Springs an d Tewantin as  first plan. But happy to see other areas as welll. Thanks

32 minutes ago, coples said:

Now as we widening our options to buy a property in Sunshine Coast, we thinking about Sippy Downs and Bli Bli areas as we saw a lot of good houses in those suburbs, the problem is, someone once told me to avoid Sippy Downs. Just would like to hear any pros and cons about these suburbs and which one is better to live in. We have 2 children 10 and 8 yo. We still also keep looking in Peregian Springs an d Tewantin as  first plan. But happy to see other areas as welll. Thanks

I live close to Sippy Downs, and as far as I know it’s fine, certainly don’t hear reports of much trouble there.  My son has happily bought a house there recently. Chancellor Park school seems to have a good reputation locally, as does the university. Fairly new hospital close. Good shopping, coast about 10 mins away, hinterland about 25 mins. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jonathancowen said:

When I lived there I remember Sippy Downs was famous for its mosquitos, and parts of Bli Bli flooded a few times. But the new build houses looked nice in both areas. 

I’ve lived in the Sippy Downs area for 19 years and that’s the first time I’ve heard that it’s any better or worse than anywhere else locally,  certainly not something that worries me. Mountain Creek also was supposed to have a mosquito problem,  but it doesn’t. I find Buderim is worse.

I think you are right about Bli Bli, it did flood in the recent bad rain event.

Edited by ramot

2 hours ago, ramot said:

I’ve lived in the Sippy Downs area for 19 years and that’s the first time I’ve heard that it’s any better or worse than anywhere else locally,  certainly not something that worries me. Mountain Creek also was supposed to have a mosquito problem,  but it doesn’t. I find Buderim is worse.

I think you are right about Bli Bli, it did flood in the recent bad rain event.

I think anywhere with a river near by flooded in the last wet event didn't it? ... 

Cal x