Visa 801 application help

terroz85

I have finally received an email from DoHA saying that I am eligible to apply for Stage 2 of the partner visa application (Permanent). 

Ever since the start of the COVID pandemic, my relationship is currently quite rocky with the frequent arguments over kid issues. We weren't like this before, but I guess due to unfortunate events such as her dad sudden passing away while she was almost due could have caused mild postnatal depression and the stress of being first time parents. 

Could somebody please help me:

• My child is an Australian citizen. I understand that I would still be granted PR even though we are not together.
  • If my partner and I split after the application has been submitted but before a decision, should I be expected to withdraw the application?
  • For the 888 paperwork, do I still need to use the same people or I can ask different people.

We are both together and both sets of parents are mediating to keep us together for our child sake. But I have to reply to DoHA email soon and I want to be as truthful as possible. What would you do if you were in my situation.

Thank you!

Hard to say, I would really suggest you try and figure out relationship issues. When it comes to birth and kids, the general advice as a man that has been given to me, is keep the peace with your wife after pregnancy. 

Generally, unless its dangerous, the woman knows best what is good for the kids. (In my experience anyway). 

So try to suck up the ego and pride here.

Anyway, regarding your questions.

All of them are answered in this blog post -> https://ahwc.com.au/partner-visa/relationship-ended-what-happens-to-your-partner-visa/

Form 888 can be used with the same people if you want. But you can also ask different people. 

Form 888 needs to show that you both take care of the child if you are separating.

Again, try to keep the peace, but if you feel you cannot be together, well you need to inform DHA and hope for the best.

15 hours ago, terroz85 said:

I have finally received an email from DoHA saying that I am eligible to apply for Stage 2 of the partner visa application (Permanent). 

Ever since the start of the COVID pandemic, my relationship is currently quite rocky with the frequent arguments over kid issues. We weren't like this before, but I guess due to unfortunate events such as her dad sudden passing away while she was almost due could have caused mild postnatal depression and the stress of being first time parents. 

• My child is an Australian citizen. I understand that I would still be granted PR even though we are not together.
  • If my partner and I split after the application has been submitted but before a decision, should I be expected to withdraw the application?
  • For the 888 paperwork, do I still need to use the same people or I can ask different people.

We are both together and both sets of parents are mediating to keep us together for our child sake. But I have to reply to DoHA email soon and I want to be as truthful as possible. What would you do if you were in my situation.

Thank you!

If the relationship completely breaks down before grant, then you ought to advice DoHA. However if you are still trying to make it work, going to mediation etc then the relationship is not over and you need not tell them just because you have a temporary hiccup.

If you did separate you might still get PR as you have the child together, you should consult an agent on that approach though.

You can ask anyone for the new 888s, either the previous people or new ones. 

16 hours ago, terroz85 said:

We are both together and both sets of parents are mediating to keep us together for our child sake. But I have to reply to DoHA email soon and I want to be as truthful as possible. 

There's s no such thing as "as truthful as possible" in this situation.  It's black and white.

If you are still together, even if you're having issues, you are still in a relationship, and that's all DoHA needs to know.  No need to confuse the issue. 

If you actually break up, then you must notify them - and in that case, your permanent visa may be in jeopardy and you should consult an agent to see what can be done.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you!

If I were you I’d be treating her like a queen until the visa was granted