Visitors visa not granted and trip is approaching

mvlm

22 minutes ago, Joanna1312 said:

I just got the visa !!!!

2 months and 1 day waiting. 

I wanna ask you should i withdraw the 600 application? I dont need that visa anymore!? 

Yes, definitely withdraw the 600 application if you don't need that visa. Otherwise they will process it and approve it, and that will cancel the visa you just got.

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Yes, definitely withdraw the 600 application if you don't need that visa. Otherwise they will process it and approve it, and that will cancel the visa you just got.

Am i gonna have any issues with the already granted visa? 

On 01/05/2022 at 02:16, Marisawright said:

Actually, the 491 visa was always "the one you go for when you're desperate to migrate to Australia but you can't qualify for a 189 or a 190".

Applying for the 491 because it's quicker was always a bad idea, sacrificing a lot for the sake of impatience.  It's like train travel in the old days.  The 189 is first class, the 190 is second-class, and the 491 is third-class (the 482 is a carriage that's hooked on the back and might fall off before you reach your destination).

I'm always curious when people say visas were "sold as" something.  It suggests the Australian Government was out there, actively marketing to attract immigrants, and I'm curious about that.   I know they did that for a few extreme-shortage occupations—but for the last 20 years, Australia has received thousands more migration applications than they can process, so I'm surprised if they are touting for business generally.  Who was out there "selling" the 491 when you applied?  Was it the State goverment or some agency?

I reckon a 190 is first class but you have to sit rear-facing to Luton...

• Like 1