482 Waiting But Passport Expiring

jameserob

I’m currently waiting for the renewal of my 482 visa…been waiting since February. My passport expires in July. Can I just renew my passport and let my agent know and she can update the application, or is it more complicated? I’m just thinking that when you apply for a new passport doesn’t your current one automatically end? What if during that time my visa application is looked at and they see my passport is invalid? 

2 hours ago, jameserob said:

Wow, how rude. If we all went by your logic then the forum wouldn’t even exist as nobody would be on here asking any questions.

That's unfair, the question can and will be answered by an expert employed by you, any comment you get on here will be an amateur view and as likely to be wrong as it is to be correct. The agents that post on here wont comment as you've mentioned you have an agent. 

I'm more surprised that a moderator liked your post which is rude to a very experienced poster who tried to help and gave the best advice you could have possibly got.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jameserob said:

I’m currently waiting for the renewal of my 482 visa…been waiting since February. My passport expires in July. Can I just renew my passport and let my agent know and she can update the application, or is it more complicated? I’m just thinking that when you apply for a new passport doesn’t your current one automatically end? What if during that time my visa application is looked at and they see my passport is invalid? 

You request that your agent supply them with your new passport details.  SImples 🙂

(and your old one is valid until the new one is issued, it doesn't cease to be valid just because you have put in an application for the new one)

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jameserob said:

Wow, how rude. If we all went by your logic then the forum wouldn’t even exist as nobody would be on here asking any questions.

Rammygirl may have phrased it a bit bluntly, but it really was the best advice.  We can all give our opinions but you'll be much better off just asking your agent.  That way you won't get conflicting or confusing advice, and the agent has to deal with it for you anyway.

These forums exist because lots of people have questions before they're ready to hire an agent, and lots of people don't use an agent, and lots of people need help after they arrive in Australia. If you've already paid for an agent, you might as well get your money's worth.

• Like 1

I would suggest the OP wanted additional info besides that on offer by an agent. Nothing at all wrong with reaching out for a wider range of experiences and views. That poster  that responded is simply continuing her despairing replies as did with me and in fact disclosed other user names in a moment of madness  

13 hours ago, welljock said:

That's unfair, the question can and will be answered by an expert employed by you, any comment you get on here will be an amateur view and as likely to be wrong as it is to be correct. The agents that post on here wont comment as you've mentioned you have an agent. 

I'm more surprised that a moderator liked your post which is rude to a very experienced poster who tried to help and gave the best advice you could have possibly got.

Why be so surprised? The comment came across as rude regardless of if the OP has an agent or not. I used an agent but also used this forum to ask tons of questions, thankfully back then people seemed a bit more helpful with their replies. It may be amateurs replying, (thats the idea behind the forum , has been since it started yearssssss back) but chances are they have been there ,done that.

We have A LOT of new members who are put off posting of late due to rude replies . As the rules state , on a forum words can come across very harsh.  Also what is to disagree with? If no one asked questions there would be no forum, and remember, to you this is only a forum but to some it is their family business and by the 'very experienced posters' (as you put it) logic if you have an agent you shouldn't post asking a question????????????????????????? and if your just an amateur your reply means nothing ! 

What is a forum used for?
A forum is an online discussion board where people can ask questions, share their experiences, and discuss topics of mutual interest. Forums are an excellent way to create social connections and a sense of community. They can also help you to cultivate an interest group about a particular subject.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, welljock said:

Come now , simply a logical response to an undeserved comment. Q & A's is what a forum is largely about. Nothing wrong with that. In fact more questions should be posed on all matters of things in life, not simply leaving it to so called experts. In part this is why the world is in such a state. I'll leave responding further to that particular poster , apart from saying experience doesn't necessarily lead to dignified posts. 

11 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

I would suggest the OP wanted additional info besides that on offer by an agent. Nothing at all wrong with reaching out for a wider range of experiences and views. That poster  that responded is simply continuing her despairing replies as did with me and in fact disclosed other user names in a moment of madness  

I’m sorry if my post appeared blunt. I was interrupted and pressed send a bit too fast!

But I’m not sure what you mean by despairing replies and other user names, I think you have me confused. Only ever had one user name, although I can’t say I have never had moments of madness in my life……..

• Like 2

On 24/04/2022 at 18:18, jameserob said:

So sorry if it seemed blunt, I was interrupted and posted without checking and only just re joined the thread.  I do think your agent should be consulted as only they know your full details. But generally people do update passports. In fact our case officer requested we renewed ours before grant to avoid having to update them later. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

In rammygirl's defence, I have to say she's not someone I would associate with "despairing replies" as I've always seen her as pretty knowledgable!  Are you confusing her with someone else?

• Like 1