Sponsor help

Benj17

Hi, myself (sponsor) and wife have just gone through the partner visa application and it is just about complete and ready to submit. I have just logged in and began to work through sponsor application, got to page 4 to confirm critical information, clicked yes and next but received and error notice saying....

The related application details provided cannot be verified, check the details and amend if necessary. The application will not be able to continue. 

The details are all correct, is this because the partner visa hasn't been submitted and paid yet?

Any advice/support appreciated 

25 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Yes

Paul, you seem to be full of knowledge, should we apply for our UK police checks at this point or wait until after submitting? Also, I havent lived in Australia since 2005, do i (Australian Citizen) or my wife (UK Citizen) still have to get Australian Federal Police checks?

11 hours ago, Benj17 said:

Paul, you seem to be full of knowledge, should we apply for our UK police checks at this point or wait until after submitting? Also, I havent lived in Australia since 2005, do i (Australian Citizen) or my wife (UK Citizen) still have to get Australian Federal Police checks?

Paul is full of knowledge because he's a migration agent and usually gets paid for his advice.  If you have any doubts about your application, you could ask him to give you a quote to check over your application and make sure it's all in order before you submit.  It's cheaper than getting an agent to do the whole thing, but it would be well worth it - the rejection rate for partner applications is high, because most people underestimate how much proof they're required to supply. 

Edited by Marisawright
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Benj17 said:

Usually the advice is to wait for the police checks and medicals - they can usually be arranged in a week or so when requested, and you only have a year to enter Australia to activate your visa from the date of the checks / medical.  They will tell you which ones you need when they request them.

• Thanks 1