Can you lodge a visa application without your passport....

Cobs_Ahoy

.....and add it later in the process?

I submitted my nomination application to NSW last week, and then realised some of our passports had expired and others were due to over the next 12 months. I sent them all in yesterday thinking I would have 4-6 weeks for the nomination to be processed, but have woke up this morning to an approved nomination and Invitation to Apply for my visa. I know I have 60 days to lodge the visa application and fingers crossed they will be back before then as current processing time is estimated at 20-30 days, but if there is a delay am I able to lodge my visa application and then add the passport numbers at a later date?

On 20/04/2022 at 17:54, Cobs_Ahoy said:

.....and add it later in the process?

I submitted my nomination application to NSW last week, and then realised some of our passports had expired and others were due to over the next 12 months. I sent them all in yesterday thinking I would have 4-6 weeks for the nomination to be processed, but have woke up this morning to an approved nomination and Invitation to Apply for my visa. I know I have 60 days to lodge the visa application and fingers crossed they will be back before then as current processing time is estimated at 20-30 days, but if there is a delay am I able to lodge my visa application and then add the passport numbers at a later date?

I did my application with 4years to passport expiry. And after 4 years updated my new passport. No problem. 

So the problem I’m having is that I don’t have scans of my husband’s or daughter’s passports, and having just spoke to DoHA on the phone they seemed to think that even if I did have scans I shouldn’t put those details in as they are no longer accurate 😫😫😫

The guy I spoke to was really nice and having spoken to the technical support team he seemed to think there were a couple of options. They me to put it in writing via the technical support form and wait to hear back from them. It will be a nail biting couple of weeks for me I think!